Spectromagic spectromen?

jiminy.cricket

I never understood the aliens either, and they are kinda creepy, but I like them probably for the nostalgia factor. Although if they went away, I don't think i would be too disappointed.

I don't mind the current parade because SpectroMagic is so close to my heart, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing an updated version, maybe with a modified soundtrack and more lights or a few new floats or characters or something...maybe something loosely influenced by Dreamlights in Tokyo. I'm definitely a huge fan of Spectro, though, and will miss it a lot if it goes away. I remember when the Main Street Electrical Parade came for a while and it just wasn't the same. I didn't really like it, probably because I didn't grow up with it. I think it really belongs in California where everyone does miss it.

ToTBellHop

BRING BACK MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL parade then, send spectro to ca.:sohappy:

or maybe we can trade with dlp, id like 2 see fantillusion.:D
spectro will NEVER go to CA. I do find it humorous that in the same thread where we complain that a 16-year old parade is stale, we advocate the return of a much older parade. It already returned for awhile about 5 years ago, so I doubt it will return again. They'll keep Spectro or build a new parade, and with as cheap as they went on the "new" parade at the MK, I would not really expect a new parade. AK first.

shoppingnut

I love spectromagic and the spectromen, while creepy, don't bother me, they are a disney original item that belongs with the parade, otherwise it wouldn't be called spectromagic.

I can't see this parade being replaced, a little glittery updating, add a new float maybe, but the song is great it says it all, wonderful description of disney, just listen to the words "music surrounds us, magic around us" I love singing it.

I think it's going to be tough for them to replace such a popular parade, just look what happened in CA when they created Light Magic, it lasted less than a year and it's referred to as Light Tragic. I was actually out there and did get to see it and I thought it was awful, nothing special about it, just a bunch of fiber optic lights and if you weren't standing in the two locations where the parade stopped you didn't see the show part. Just because the parades in Paris and Toyko work there, doesn't mean they would work here. Those parades were designed for that audience which is different than WDW.

marksniles

I work at MK and I see the show on a nightly basis. In my opinion, it's time for a new light show.

Totally Totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see new shows from some of the other parks. How about FantiIllusion or bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade. Time for some new parades.

JimboJones123

Is the Main St. Electrical Parade still in retirement. Last I heard it was at DCA a few years ago I think. Either is MUCH BETTER than the crappy light parade at DL about a decade ago. I don't know if it's still there, but it was REALLY BAD!

jiminy.cricket

Were the alien people influenced by Captain EO? What was the whole deal with them?

I would love to hear the soundtrack played by a full orchestra with lots of different parts going on simultaneously! Maybe they can add a few more string instruments!

WDWKat26

They're not "Alien People" or "Psycho Clowns" or whatever. They are the SpectroMen, the keepers of the parade who provide the energy for the parade.

jiminy.cricket

They're not "Alien People" or "Psycho Clowns" or whatever. They are the SpectroMen, the keepers of the parade who provide the energy for the parade.

Oh, cool! Maybe they could have some kind of intro spiel that tells their story that explains where they're from, how they know Mickey, what they're doing in the Magic Kingdom, etc. I think most of us are clueless! Actually, they could be from Tomorrowland!

disneygoof1

Original Poster
Uh, actually it is VERY true. I've seen the 2 people who got done up as prototypes with Makeup, Wigs and all. But, like I said before, there hasn't been any new developments.

Thank you for clearing that up, I had heard from a manager in Ent. about it. Do you happen to have a pic of one of the people in the makeup and wigs. I heard it was going to be silver makeup allover the face and a different wig.

disneygoof1

Original Poster
I love them they are so weird. Face paint just won't have same effect. They look like little electrically charged men :shrug: whats wrong with that?

Alot of the people that were friends of the spectromen complained about TMJ when wearing the masks, cause you have to keep your mouth open to keep the mask on.

uklad79

Alot of the people that were friends of the spectromen complained about TMJ when wearing the masks, cause you have to keep your mouth open to keep the mask on.

Ouch not good in Florida heat. I hope they keep them with some changes to make it easier on them. I love the masks they are part of Specto and should stay.

uklad79

Oh, cool! Maybe they could have some kind of intro spiel that tells their story that explains where they're from, how they know Mickey, what they're doing in the Magic Kingdom, etc. I think most of us are clueless! Actually, they could be from Tomorrowland!

Why does everything need a story?? Imagination is lacking in some people. Let the story be whatever you want it to be or imagine this...... No story yes I know you maybe scared by that but does there have to a story? Why not enjoy the sounds and sights and relax at the end of a long day in the parks and let your imagination take you into your own story.

Imagination sure is a great thing. No wonder everyone wants the Imagination pavilion updating at they seem to have forgot how to use their imagination and need Disney to tell them. :brick:

cb3k

Does anyone know how these masks are made up. What kind of design would reguire you to keep your mouth open..Is there a chinstrip harness that must be drawn tight, or what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom