Spectromagic spectromen?

cmatt

No, they used to wear the reflective suits that almost looked like radiation suits -- then they danced -- then I laughed. Stevie D -- wherever you are -- hope life is great for you (college friend that interened at Intel -- but was never heard from again)

sounds like he was abducted by the pink dude....

the marketing group intel have are nuts - how the hell can you makea processor look cool?!

intel adverts are always odd :confused:

found some pic's of the weird men from spectro - it looks like they should have uzi's or something :s

comics101

I heard a rumor that they were doing away with the masks for the spectromen and making them face characters and putting makeup on them. Is this true, and if so, does anyone have any pics of that makeup?

Just to add some more logs to the fire, the same website I used yesterday, the one that doesn't like the advertising from this site, is reporting something similar with the Spectromen today, and Also states Lilo and Stitch will be added to the Parade, along with the possibility of a new villians float. They also mention somthing about WDI wanting to shut the parade down. Has anyone heard of these rumors? Or should I just ignore the site??

maelstrom

I think it's going to be tough for them to replace such a popular parade, just look what happened in CA when they created Light Magic, it lasted less than a year and it's referred to as Light Tragic. I was actually out there and did get to see it and I thought it was awful, nothing special about it, just a bunch of fiber optic lights and if you weren't standing in the two locations where the parade stopped you didn't see the show part.

Light Magic wasn't a real parade, though. If they had expanded the sets a bit and made it into a true moving parade, I'm sure it would have done somewhat better.

They somehow managed to replace the MSEP with Spectro, so I'm sure they could imagineer something to replace Spectro.

I'd like to see them bring back the MSEP with current light technology.

WDWKat26

Just to add some more logs to the fire, the same website I used yesterday, the one that doesn't like the advertising from this site, is reporting something similar with the Spectromen today, and Also states Lilo and Stitch will be added to the Parade, along with the possibility of a new villians float. They also mention somthing about WDI wanting to shut the parade down. Has anyone heard of these rumors? Or should I just ignore the site??

::sighs:: No, Lilo and Stitch are not being added. There is not a new villains float being added. The Spectroman Rumor is true (I think this is the 4th time or so that i've mentioned this in this post :brick: ) BUT there is no set date as to when they're scheduled to change.

redfarmer06

So I'm 18 and I remember seeing SpectroMagic when I was 5. I remember seeing the spectromen rolling around on their balls and hearing the little giggles as they went by. It really freaked me out! I would hide my face in my dad's shoulder and cover my ears because it really scared me!

And 13 years later, I'm still having nightmares about them and getting goosebumps whenever I think about it... *shudders*

dannb1001

Perhaps they will make changes, if any, around November? That is usualy when they start a new Celebration and new entertainment if they are going to. Personally I wish they would do a repeat of what they did back in 1999 when they shut Spectro down and ran the MSEP during the Holiday season.

piratetreasure

They're not "Alien People" or "Psycho Clowns" or whatever. They are the SpectroMen, the keepers of the parade who provide the energy for the parade.
He's right. They are my favorite part of the parade. They look cool without the masks. My aunt thought they were a little on the creepy side.

spectrodanny

OK let me clear up a few things.

First off there is NO WAY SpectroMagic will ever be able to come CA as the parade route at Disneyland is too small for the floats.

The MSEP that was originally in Florida was sent to Paris and is now supposedly in Hong Kong although there have been no performances yet so wether it is actually there or not remains to be seen.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
OK let me clear up a few things.

First off there is NO WAY SpectroMagic will ever be able to come CA as the parade route at Disneyland is too small for the floats.

The MSEP that was originally in Florida was sent to Paris and is now supposedly in Hong Kong although there have been no performances yet so wether it is actually there or not remains to be seen.

Actually - it's at California Adventure....

Dukeis#1

There's been rumors that Spectro might be going away.....

I love SpectroMagic and would hate to see it go away...atleast right now. I consider it to be as classic as the Main Street Electrical Parade, and it lasted for 20+ years.

As a child I can still remember being fascinated with Spectro...and no, as a kid the masks did not freak me out. Maybe we've just got a bunch of scaredy cats on this board, lol! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom