Spectromagic spectromen?

Epcot82Guy

Why does everything need a story?? Imagination is lacking in some people. Let the story be whatever you want it to be or imagine this...... No story yes I know you maybe scared by that but does there have to a story? Why not enjoy the sounds and sights and relax at the end of a long day in the parks and let your imagination take you into your own story.

Imagination sure is a great thing. No wonder everyone wants the Imagination pavilion updating at they seem to have forgot how to use their imagination and need Disney to tell them. :brick:

Sadly that';s no longer the Disney (or the cultural) way in the late 2000. We want stories given and blatant. Not too much thought on vacation, afterall. I agree, though, I think giving someone the tools of a story instead of a fully out story is a much better way. Then each person has their own version of what is/does happen. But, that is not common I've found.

Vernonpush

The first time I saw the Spectromen, I thought the were the brothers of the "singer" in the movie Eraserhead,:lol: . They have grown on me since, (I'm still looking for a balm to cure it:lol: ).
Anyway, I think that with the new LED technology, the parade could be so much more.:shrug:

Vernonpush

Does anyone know how these masks are made up. What kind of design would reguire you to keep your mouth open..Is there a chinstrip harness that must be drawn tight, or what?
Suction?:lookaroun :shrug: :lol:

Sadly that';s no longer the Disney (or the cultural) way in the late 2000. We want stories given and blatant. Not too much thought on vacation, afterall. I agree, though, I think giving someone the tools of a story instead of a fully out story is a much better way. Then each person has their own version of what is/does happen. But, that is not common I've found.
Is that why alot of people don't get the "story" of : IllimiNations: Reflections of Earth?

jiminy.cricket

Yeah; I mean a basic...something, because these creatures are completely random! We're wired to understand stories, and the parks tell stories. In the Magic Kingdom, I feel like stories are especially important. The townsfolk on Main Street and Streetmosphere characters at the Studios make sense, and these guys would make sense in Tomorrowland, but I'm just puzzled as to what they're doing in the parade--not that I ever gave it too much thought. A story isn't necessary, but it would be nice.

Like Wishes doesn't provide a detailed story, but we have a loose sense of what's going on; there's some kind of...progression to follow. I kind of have that sense with Illuminations, because I read the soundtrack outline and the show synopsis, but I often wonder if most visitors know what's going on before the ending. Or the Tapestry of Nations/Dreams; these strange new characters were introduced, but they didn't require a full-blown plot.

Sir Hiss527

You know what everytime that I watch Spectro, I always have a magical and fantastic time. The music, lights, characters, effects, all make feel like a kid again. I absolutley love it, everytime! My goal one day is to be in that parade, before it leaves. And about the spectromen I bet it has to do with money cutbacks. It's probally cheaper to pay for the face characters with makeup than the masked spectromen. It's all about money.

Captain Hank

And about the spectromen I bet it has to do with money cutbacks. It's probably cheaper to pay for the face characters with makeup than the masked spectromen. It's all about money.
I would find it extremely doubtful that this particular decision would have anything to do with cutbacks. If anything, it would be slightly more expensive to do, considering that new supplies (wigs, etc.) would need to be ordered. Then, there would be additional makeup required on a regular basis, whereas the masks likely required little upkeep. Finally, Spectromen with face paint would probably require more paid preparation time to apply the makeup than they would to simply slip on a mask. This is far more likely a show-quality and Cast safety/comfort concern than anything else.

OneLuckyMom

Is the Main St. Electrical Parade still in retirement. Last I heard it was at DCA a few years ago I think.

The Main St. Electrical Parade still runs at DCA, although it is identified as a "seasonal" attraction. I've seen it in recent years during the summer, as well as on Thanksgiving weekend. When they are running it, it's usually just a couple of days a week, not every night. It has to be cancelled if the streets are wet because of any rain, so it's harder to run in the winter.

According to the Disneyland calendar, it's running tonight. :)

Last time I saw it (a couple of years ago), it wasn't as magical as I remember it being when I was a kid, but it was still cool.

RiversideBunny

The Main St. Electrical Parade still runs at DCA, although it is identified as a "seasonal" attraction. I've seen it in recent years during the summer, as well as on Thanksgiving weekend. When they are running it, it's usually just a couple of days a week, not every night. It has to be cancelled if the streets are wet because of any rain, so it's harder to run in the winter.

According to the Disneyland calendar, it's running tonight. :)

Last time I saw it (a couple of years ago), it wasn't as magical as I remember it being when I was a kid, but it was still cool.

The music from it is great!
I can still hear it.
It's 'happy' music.
:) :)

JimboJones123

are you referring to the blue man group?
No, they used to wear the reflective suits that almost looked like radiation suits -- then they danced -- then I laughed. Stevie D -- wherever you are -- hope life is great for you (college friend that interened at Intel -- but was never heard from again)

JimboJones123

bunnyman.jpg

dannb1001

So will they be shutting SpectroMagic down for Rehab like they did back in 1999 2000? Or are we just talking about minor changes such as new people at the begining of the parade without the masks? lol.

fizzle75

I love the creepy little things. Wonder if too many babies cried over them? Heck I used to cry because of the clowns in the circus, but the circus didn't get rid of them. ...and I got over them and lived.:shrug:

Not me, clowns still scare the snot out of me!:lol:

And those Spectrowhatevers give me a major case of the heebie jeebies as well!:lookaroun

Groovee

I saw SpectroMagic on Tuesday night for the first time in about 6 years and instead of just white masks they had masks which seemed coloured but they were definitely masks. I've only got video footage but I have 5 hours worth before that so wouldn't be able to show until I've uploaded it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom