Spectromagic going to be destroyed?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We were speaking with a CM last week when we were at EPCOT and he said they had the floats turned on and were running them after hours behind the walls. He said they looked fine. He stated he had no idea why they were doing it and had heard nothing about Spectro returning. He was decent enough to say that most of the time the CM's have no clue whats truly going on and not trust any rumors you hear from one. I respect him for being honest enough to admit that. Still cool to know they had them turned on and they were running. (if its true)

Villains0501

It's just amazing to me that this parade's hiatus went from 90 days to two years to what now looks like permanent retirement. I can't believe TDO hasn't publicly commented on Spectro's continued absence. Do they just expect us to forget that the original plan called for its return after MSEP's initial summer run?

lego606

MagicBandit
It's just amazing to me that this parade's hiatus went from 90 days to two years to what now looks like permanent retirement. I can't believe TDO hasn't publicly commented on Spectro's continued absence. Do they just expect us to forget that the original plan called for its return after MSEP's initial summer run?

Just like TDO telling Disneyland that they'd "get their MSEP back in a year, we promise!"

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I am thinking that they might be holding back until they have the new sound system done. It wouldn't make sense to bring out Spectromagic now then have to reprogram it into the new system. They might as well run the Electrical Parade instead of bringing Spectromagic out then having to reprogram everything. For all we know, Spectromagic might be upgraded to the new system and isn't compatable with the system they have now.

Tip Top Club

We were speaking with a CM last week when we were at EPCOT and he said they had the floats turned on and were running them after hours behind the walls. He said they looked fine. He stated he had no idea why they were doing it and had heard nothing about Spectro returning. He was decent enough to say that most of the time the CM's have no clue whats truly going on and not trust any rumors you hear from one. I respect him for being honest enough to admit that. Still cool to know they had them turned on and they were running. (if its true)

Sadly this is untrue.

On the off chance that Spectro Floats were on the move it was probably to take them to Central Shops to have their parts turned into Electrical Parade parts.

CP_alum08

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but during the Wine & Dine half marathon in November they had two Spectro floats out and working; the Chip and Dale piano float and one of the spinning spheres. I was running by and did a double-take when I saw the piano one, put a HUGE smile on my face :) I snapped a picture but only had my phone with me so it didn't turn out the best.

AllyInWonderland

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but during the Wine & Dine half marathon in November they had two Spectro floats out and working; the Chip and Dale piano float and one of the spinning spheres. I was running by and did a double-take when I saw the piano one, put a HUGE smile on my face :) I snapped a picture but only had my phone with me so it didn't turn out the best.
That sounds awesome! Can you post a picture of it? :)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I don't mean to sound rude, but people need to make their peace with SpectroMagic's fate (I have). Our insiders have reported numerous times that the parade is beyond repair and is being ravaged for parts for the MSEP. The SpectroMagic we all once knew and loved is not coming back. A harsh reality, but one everyone needs to accept.
That doesnt sound right, I'm not saying the parade isn't beyond repair but what parts besides light bulbs would they use. The operating system of Spectromagic is nowhere near compatable with the Electrical Parades. The hardware no matter what they did for the Electrical Parade is 20 years apart. They're 2 totally different systems. Then here's the expence... Why would they spend millions just to send a parade thats falling apart across the US then spend money on parts and repairs, not to mention it was refurbished in 2009. I Doubt that the Electrical Parade is taking in any Spectromagic parts. If the Electrical Parade needed that kind of attention we would be talking aout a new light parade right now.

meyeet

I hope that the information we have received about Spectro is incorrect and it is indeed being refurbished and returning but I'm not getting my hopes up. I got to see it in 2009 before it was replaced so I feel fortunate.

disney4life2008

The loss of spectromagic is heartbreaking. I will never forget going to Ohana for dinner and watching the fireworks as I ate my bananna bread them taking the monorail over to the MK for the 2nd showing of spectromagic.

luv

Yes. They sure do. Every time anyone refers to Summer Nightastic, I silently curse the words.

This is why every time something goes down for refurb, the Disney fans start wondering if its ever coming back...and are called paranoid, lol. Any time anything disappears or becomes "seasonal", there is a chance you'll never see it again, lol.

chrisps

I like the main street electrical parade but I also miss Spctromgic I last saw the parade in 2008 with my family and I really enjoyed the parade I enjoyed it more that the main street electrical parade. I am glad that I got to see both nighttime parades the street electrical parade before spectromagic and I got to the main street electrical parade in 1999- 2000 and than I got to see spectromagic again I enjoyed spectromagic so much that I got the CD for the parade I will miss seeing Spectromagic going down main street at the Disney world resort I hope that it comes back sometime soon again for me to see again. I am glad that the main street electrical parade is at the Disney world resort again so I can see it again this summer but I really want to see spectromagic back at the Disney world resort again sometime soon. I hope that spectromagic comebacks sometime soon again or we get a new nighttime electrical parade sometime soon at the Disney world resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom