Spectromagic Coming Back??

chrisps

I have seen both parades before but not the new version of the main street electrical parade. I have seen on the calender that the main street electrical parade is still at the magic kingdom in January of next year. Spectromagic is going to be coming back to the Disney world resort sometime soon and the main street electrical parade is going to be going back to the Disneyland resort sometime soon I know this because I have a family member who works at the Disney world resort in Animal kingdom and I talked to him last week at a family wedding last week. I like the main street electrical parade I have seen it when I was kid in the 1980s and the last parade in 1990 and I have seen the Disneyland main street electrical parade at the Disney world resort in 99-2001 and I saw Spectromagic with my family in the summer of 2008 and I really enjoyed the parade more than when I was a kid so I hope that Spectromagic comes back to the Disney world resort in 2013. I like both parades but I like Spectromagic better because the music is better than the new music in the main street electrical parade and I like Spectromagic better than the new version of the main street electrical parade because the music in Spectromagic is better than the music in the new version of the main street electrical parade. I have the Cd of the 1999 main street electrical parade and the CD of Spectromagic and I enjoy listening to both Cds from the Disney world resort but I really miss Spectromagic and I will be happy when that parade comes back sometime soon to the Disney world resort and the main street electrical parade goes back to the Disneyland resort. I have a question about the new version of the main street electrical parade is the intro to the main street electrical parade jacks voice or someone who sounds like him?

jjharvpro

I will be overly joyous when Spectro comes back! I bought the CD in Downtown Disney on the last day of my latest trip(March of this year), and each time that i listen to it, it takes me directly to Main Street and, IMO, it's TRUE Disney.

Don't get me wrong, MSEP is great and I'm glad it came back last year. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind to see it finish out 2011, but after that, it'll be beyond time for Spectro to come back. MSEP was only supposed to be temporary, right..? It's classic and it's great, for nostalgic reasons.

When Spectro does return, I think they should add some updated floats/characters. I love the Tangled float in DL's Soundsational Parade. So maybe include Princess and the Frog and Tangled characters?? I'd be all over that.

"On this magic night, a million stars will play beside us..." SpectroMagic's music is far superior!

3feethigher

as from what i have heard from the parade maintenance team, they have been taking parts from spectro to fix/maintain DEP. So before spectro returns it will have to be put back together.

nemofinder22

Wasn't Light Magic the last "new" parade Disneyland premiered (though it never premiered at all)?

Perhaps the last new nighttime parade at DL and last new nighttime parade in the US.

But Mickey's Soundsational Parade debuted May 27, 2011

Did that premiere after the Soundsational Parade?

It debuted in 1997.

This rumor goes both ways.
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al062111a.htm
(The return of the Electrical Parade floats next year is the wild card, as varying proposals to slot it back in to either DCA or Disneyland’s daily entertainment roster are currently being floated around, pardon the pun).

KaliSplash

MSEP Forever!!!

Fortunately, got to see it last August. Hope to see it again before it goes elsewhere. I, of course, would be happy to see it have a nice long run at WDW.

I find Spectromagic to be magestically plodding.

Travelguy31

Specto vs. MSEP

I have a place for both parades in my heart for different reasons. I have a fondness for MSEP as it was the first parade that I saw at WDW at the age of 3 and I honestly still remember it pretty vividly. I love Spectromagic too. I always felt that it had taken the rudimentary technology of MSEP and plussed it. I almost feel that in certain ways, Spectro has became what MSEP was/is to Disneyland.

I will be at the World in February so I would like for MSEP to stick around until then since its been a good while since I have seen it. It would be a nice trip back down memory lane.

disneypearl

I would be so excited if SpectroMagic returns to WDW! I have missed it, although it has been nice to remember MSEP. When I have seen MSEP I always think that it was nice but it isn't the same as Spectro for me. Spectro is just beautiful in both floats and music. Hopefully I will get to see it in early January or my next trip in late March.

DizneyPryncess

I looove MSEP, I was so happy to get to see it in May. When it first returned, I never thought it would be there long enough for me to see it. I'd rather see it kept over Spectro, I just prefer the floats & characters in it, and I love the old school music. But I'd love to see a new parade in the future as well.

I think Spectro is a better parade as well but it had been in MK for so freaking long that any change, even a retro one, was quite welcome.

I agree, to a point. I enjoyed watching an all new parade for the first year it was there. The second, and third time around, I began to miss Spectro desperatley!

Hope and pray that it will return in 2012! :sohappy:

puntagordabob

as from what i have heard from the parade maintenance team, they have been taking parts from spectro to fix/maintain DEP. So before spectro returns it will have to be put back together.

Interesting...well maybe MSEP will stick around longer (wouldnt mind at all! :) ) or else a new 40th parade is quietly in the queue?

Bender!

I'd love to see Spectro come back and I'm sure it will at some point. It was nice to get a breather though from MSEP. But hopefully they take the time to rework and revamp Spectro.

spectrodanny

I say lose Spectro and MSEP and bring in Dreamlights from TDL which is a far superior parade compared to either of the first two.
have you seen the videos of the current version of Dreamlights that just re-opened last Friday? there's quite a bit cut from it. I'm surprised they cut the 7 dwarfs out. and the "Inchworm" variation of the Alice music is now heard throughout the entire section now.

CaptainShortty

Original Poster
I'd love to see Spectro come back and I'm sure it will at some point. It was nice to get a breather though from MSEP. But hopefully they take the time to rework and revamp Spectro.

I agree that if it came back I'd love to see it revamped a bit. We're in need for a truly new parade.

kennygman

What are the cheapest ways to build excitement for next year?

New Parades - Spectro with LED technologies for one
New Castle Show
New Interactive Queues
New Interactive "Hunts"
:cool::cool::cool:
Then in late summer, early fall open new Fantasyland to rave reviews.

*I wish they would kill the Move it Shake it and bring out all the fun Main Street Vehicles again*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom