Spectromagic Coming Back??

erasure fan1

I've been wanting to say, great screen name! Erasure are one of my all time favorite groups and I have all their albums on CD. Do you have a favorite?

I'm also a fan of Vince Clarke's previous groups (Yazoo and Depeche Mode), but Erasure's my fave of the three!

Yea Erasures my favorite as well but Yazoo and Depeche are great as well. I was lucky to get to go see Yazoo reconnected a couple years ago, it was awesome! Allison Moyet is fantastic. The innocents and cowboy are my favorites and I cant wait till September for the new album. Did you get your tickets for the tour yet? Im going to the Sept. 16th show in Chicago.

KingdomofDreams

I love Spectromagic! The floats are amazing and the music is pure Disney magic. I know there is fondness for MSE on the part of some people, but the synth music does nothing for me and after just a couple of minutes, we were all ready to move on.

I truly hope they bring Spectro back, but an overall freshening up would be welcome - some new added elements, costumes, lighting etc., just leave that soaring fanfare alone please!

But with that said, I wouldn't be opposed to an entirely new nighttime parade. I'd be looking for a dramatic and moving musical score along with some amazing floats. During the day, I like the whimsical, fun and energetic parades and shows, but for nighttime, I always prefer the more dramatic and moving in both music and presentation. Not sure I can explain why, that's just my personal preference.

rbrower

I can tell you in May the Floats were covered and pushed to the back of the parade float warehouse. There was no rehab at all going on.

Last week, I went on the tour and most of the larger floats were still covered up. The smaller ones were not, and the Ursula one was almost outside. They were doing some maintenance on MSEP that day though. :shrug:

splashtest

Last week, I went on the tour and most of the larger floats were still covered up. The smaller ones were not, and the Ursula one was almost outside. They were doing some maintenance on MSEP that day though. :shrug:

Lights are checked daily for burnouts and repairs are done constantly. This is not surprising.

wdwfan22

A few of the Disneyland fan sites have reported that MSEP will return to the Disneyland Resort next year. As of now which park it will be returning to is still up in the air. I believe summer was the rumored return time.

WDWFigment

The only reason MSEP is in WDW in the first place is because DLR couldn't run it during the height of DCA's construction. Next summer, once Cars Land is opened and is drawing huge crowds out West, Disneyland will absolutely need it back.

I don't care what some low-level Keys to the Kingdom CM says--that's just the company line. TDO knows exactly when it will lose MSEP, and it will be by late Spring 2012.

ChristianG

I love both parades, but I prefer Spectromagic's grand display over MSEP. I wouldn't mind if Spectromagic came back, but I also wouldn't mind it if it didn't come back until next year.

pax_65

It's interesting to me that if you did a poll of people on here which they would prefer - Spectro, ELP or an entirely new parade, the idea of a new parade would probably come in last.

Does this represent a lack of confidence in Disney's ability to create (and fund) a new parade or just a fondness for old traditions?

Personally I still like both parades but I think Spectro is a little out-dated while ELP is ancient.

Mimi

I was originally very sad to see MSEP go but I really do prefer Spectromagic. I think it was a great treat to get MSEP back for a time and be able to share it with the next generation in our family. That being said, I'm very excited to hear that Spectro may be coming back! :sohappy:

JustInTime

Ok. I just re-watched both of them on Youtube. MSEP is totally the better parade. It has better floats and more characters. I love the Alice Section. Also, there is a freakin' Pirate Ship for Peter Pan! And Pete's Dragon, Show White Float, Tinker Bell section and it has the ugly Step Sisters! It feels like it has more energy and it's more colorful. The only thing I would say that Spectro has on MSEP is the music.

MerlinTheGoat

I'm a far bigger fan of Spectromagic. It's my favorite parade of them all. I'll admit a lot of that has to do with the incredible music. I won't lie, i find MSEP's music grating and obnoxious after the first couple of loops. Spectro though, wow. That's seriously some of the best original music i've ever heard for an attraction!

This can't happen soon enough for me. I've seen enough of MSEP. The floats are nice (though i can't really tell any difference in quality between it and Spectro), but the music can drive me up the wall.

erasure fan1

It's interesting to me that if you did a poll of people on here which they would prefer - Spectro, ELP or an entirely new parade, the idea of a new parade would probably come in last.

Does this represent a lack of confidence in Disney's ability to create (and fund) a new parade or just a fondness for old traditions?

Personally I still like both parades but I think Spectro is a little out-dated while ELP is ancient.

I think its a little of both. If the studios is any indication of the ability Disney has to make a new parade than there is the answer.

RSoxNo1

I think Spectro is a better parade. As for when it's returning - MSEP is going back to DCA or Disneyland at some point.

skimbob

MSEP is a Disneyland Resort original so it will always return home whether we want it here or NOT. I personally like Spectromagic better. As has been stated on here MSEP is coming back to CA in 2012 once the Buena Vista Street area is finished. Right now there are no parades running in DCA because walls block one of the main paths.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom