Spectro Magic changes

DisneyNut2007

Hmm well the question is will the existing floats still be used with no changes? I'll admit I was hopeing for something more "Major" as in a complete redo of the parade floats and having the look of tokyo disneyland dreamlights... but I have to keep in mind we are talking cheap TDO here lol.

Will you guys just shut up with the stupid, unnecessary TDO jokes here?! You guys know NOTHING about them anyway! :mad:

Merebear414

MSEP is the best

I like Spectro, I really do... But I think that the MSEP is so much better. There is so much more character to it! The problem is that after it was "Re-Vamped" for Tokyo they changed the soundtrack. The original soundtrack was much more Electronic sounding, it was more vibrant and interesting. They toned this down for dream lights, and that is why the soundtrack sounds bad now. It is bland and generic sounding, where as before it was a fresh and novel sound. If you want to hear the original soundtrack its former glory listen to this... I think you'll at least agree that it's better than the dream lights version.

stevemorriswdw

Thank God :sohappy: MSEP is played out plus the music is not so good. I like the original music to MSEP. But hopefully Spectro comes back this summer because I want to see it when I comeback in August.

MaryJaneP

It will be great to have Spectro return, particularly if it adds new stuff. I agree with PPs that MSEP is old, outdated, and the soundtrack is totally weak. Really, a CD with MSEP, kinda like the William Hung CD! Good for a laugh at the attempt but poor execution.

JimboJones123

New characters and floats are rumored to be added to Spectro Magic once it returns. The main thing would be Oswald the Lucky Rabbit getting his own float. Supposedly, that float would go from black to white.

So the lights will be off for half of the parade?

puntagordabob

Know its unlikely...but it would be nice if TDO kept both MSEP and SPECTRO around... a little variety at different times of the year would not be a bad thing!!!!

JimboJones123

Know its unlikely...but it would be nice if TDO kept both MSEP and SPECTRO around... a little variety at different times of the year would not be a bad thing!!!!

Move MSEP to DHS. It was at DCA. With the addition of Monsters Inc coaster and 2-3 more rides, DHS may finally be a full day park. Adding s night parade may mean a full Fantasmic schedule again, more dining, and some dayside crowd relief. Plus, add another half to full million guests a year.

Goofnut1980

Lets combine and have the Mickey's Electric-Spectro Parade.. I slight mix of the good of both parades... Using the Spectro music with a little twist now and then of MSEP.. Cause that song is kinda bad from MSEP!...

Another idea... keep both.. Why cant on Sundays and Wed they run MSEP and Tues and Fridays run Spectro??? That would be SUPER fun! :sohappy:

Goofnut1980

move msep to dhs. It was at dca. With the addition of monsters inc coaster and 2-3 more rides, dhs may finally be a full day park. Adding s night parade may mean a full fantasmic schedule again, more dining, and some dayside crowd relief. Plus, add another half to full million guests a year.

touche!!

Magenta Panther

New characters and floats are rumored to be added to Spectro Magic once it returns. The main thing would be Oswald the Lucky Rabbit getting his own float. Supposedly, that float would go from black to white.

(Do you mean from black and white to color? Anyway-)

OMG!!!!!

That sounds incredible!!!!

I love Spectromagic anyway (have the soundtrack of the parade on my computer) but this news...wow....talk about plussing!

And OSWALD!!!!!

I agree with everyone here...thank you, Epic Mickey! :sohappy:

NMBC1993

Oswald would be a great addition to Spectromagic and I can't wait for the parade to come back, not that I have anything against MSEP but I like the music in Spectro a little bit more. I just hope they don't pull a Pixar Pals: Countdown to Fun when they do bring Spectro back:lookaroun

NoChesterHester

How many people know that the characters in Splash Mountain come from Song of the South? IMO, one of the biggest problems with WDW these days is the need to tie everything to well-known film characters at the expense of higher quality attractions, i.e. Stitch's Great Escape, Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor, etc.

While I agree with you, the last major attraction added, Expedition Everest, was not linked to a movie franchise.

Neverland

I'm definitely biased towards Spectro, because I grew up with it. (I'm a young thing!) Mostly I just want to hear the music again, because it's beautiful where MSEP is grating. :/

TTA94

I am trying to decide if this news is a joke or for real... Oswald in Spectro? haha that seems a little, far-fetched.

champdisney

I am trying to decide if this news is a joke or for real... Oswald in Spectro? haha that seems a little, far-fetched.

How so? Oswald is one of the key characters of Epic Mickey (which is an incredible game btw) yet isn't SpectroMagic a parade that brings classic Disney characters together old and new to create memories for the young at heart? Being that Oswald is the first character Walt created I think he fits in quite well and I'm happy Disney is giving him more recognition and I'm sure families won't be standing there with that gazed look on their face wondering who he is they'll go "Hey that's Oswald from Epic Mickey" and surely enough Oswald will be everywhere. Thank you Warren Spector and Epic Mickey!

TTA94

Well the key here is rumored, so we shall see... All I have to say is I hope TDO does not mess up Spectro like they have done with everything else lately.... Id love to see Steve Davison recreate Spectro!

KaliSplash

Awesome news! I love Spectro and have been waiting for some sort of news like this since MSEP came back. I had never seen MSEP until my trip in Oct, I did enjoy it. However I still like Spectro better because it has better music and it always reminds me of my first trip to WDW.

Don't know if I'm going to wade through this entire thread or not. But this post exemplifies the different generations. Just substitute MSEP for SPECTRO and you have my opinion. I like MSEP better because it has better music and always reminds me of my first trip to WDW!! Specifically what's better about the music is the much more uptempo pace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom