Spectro Magic changes

Neverland

Considering it's extensive history with Walt Disney World, MSEP is a Disney WORLD parade as well. It's been performed all over the world, it isn't "owned" by just one park.

That's what I like about Spectro. MSEP has been shared between a number of parks, and a variation of it runs in Tokyo. Spectro has only ever been in the Magic Kingdom. MSEP is kind of an 'all parks' parade, but Spectro is solely MK.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
That's what I like about Spectro. MSEP has been shared between a number of parks, and a variation of it runs in Tokyo. Spectro has only ever been in the Magic Kingdom. MSEP is kind of an 'all parks' parade, but Spectro is solely MK.

Call me crazy, and I love MSEP, but I just have stronger feelings for Spectro. MSEP is really fun, but comparatively I don't think theres a question about which one is better. Plus Spectro has been running (with a break) since 1991, I it has become a WDW classic.

danv3

Do we have any new information on this? The 40th is now less than 8 months away and we still don't know whether Spectro will be back or not?

rodserling27

Hahaha, I knew it just a matter of time before this argument came back! If I had it my way, we'd never see SpectroMagic in its 2001 form ever, ever again. If they're not keeping MSEP "permanently," then I say bring us a brand new nighttime parade (but please bring back MSEP every few years :) ). If/when SpectroMagic is coming back, I want some serious changes. I want less dramatics from the performers, more fun. Severe lighting upgrades, incorporate a better soundtrack. The abrupt change for the "Under the Sea" section is abysmal. I want seamless transitions like we have in MSEP.

Edit: actually what I'd REALLY like is for them to bring back WDW's MSEP (which is apparently sitting in crates backstage in Hong Kong...) Give me the original epic, complete with "small world," "Dumbo's Circus," Toy Soldiers, Blue Fairy, and of course, Don Dorsey's electrosynthemagnetic musical soundtrack. Far better than the Japenese version they're using now.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

WOW... I have never seen so much Spectro Magic hatred. Of course every one has a preference and an opinion. I just hope when it comes back the music doesn't sound like something from Mannheim Steamroller. I like the current floats even you know I cant identify all of them. The music and the floats to me are just one big skeptical of talent and the hosting and the music combine make a great atmosphere. I do hope the floats are brighter. I have to say I would like to see them add some Eletrical Parade floats into Spectro Magic like the giant mushrooms with the bugs and the cinderella float. In my opinion the Spectro Magic music is way better. Anything is better then light magic.

Sir_Cliff

Yeah, I think this is part of the reason I like Spectro so much. To me it is one of those few things that has a unique "Magic Kingdom" feel to it.

The parade could certainly do with an update, but I'd love to see Spectro stay as a MK tradition with updates. The music is good and the floats are good, they just need to keep freshening it up every few years. You'd think, for example, new floats would pop up around new movies every year or two and other floats could be swapped out without too much expense.

bryPOD

I'm a Disney World nut, and my girlfriend just goes along with it. When she saw Spectro for the first time, she cried tears of joy. I've never seen her so moved by anything ever since, so yea I'm in the camp of "bring back Spectro"...

ToTBellHop

MSEP was there before Spectro and is far better then Spectro. Remember sequels are never as good as the originals.
Remember: opinions should never be disguised as facts.

In my opinion:

Ghostbusters 2 > Ghostbusters.

Shrek 2 > Shrek (and who knows what happened with 3 and 4...)

rpk4444

I remember seeing MSEP for the first time as a kid and then seeing it again last summer. It didn't have the same feeling for me.
Now Spectro on the other hand gives me the same Magical feeling everytime. I can't wait to see it come back. It's ashame that it won't be back for my May 11' visit. Maybe MSEP will give me that feeling this year.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The Electrical Parade belongs to California and my buddies from California are hurting enough. The Electrical Parade is a treat but for the californians they are hurting. They want to see Spectro Magic but I am going to be a little selfish about that one LOL.

Yamez

Spectromagic has been and always will be my favorite nightime parade ever. I saw The Electric Parade last year for the first time and I immediately started to miss Spectro. Spectromagic just amazed me when I saw it for the first time and it did so every time since. We're already planning our June 2013 trip and I really hope to see the triumphant return of Spectro.

tsaintc

Spectromagic has been and always will be my favorite nightime parade ever. I saw The Electric Parade last year for the first time and I immediately started to miss Spectro. Spectromagic just amazed me when I saw it for the first time and it did so every time since. We're already planning our June 2013 trip and I really hope to see the triumphant return of Spectro.

Nice bump on an old thread.
I am partial to MSEP, but I am also eagerly awaiting the return of Spectromagic. They both mean different things to me. MSEP invokes childhood memories; Spectro reminds me of my children and their first Disney experiences.

atigs

I liked the way the parade switcheroo was handled prior to 2010. Spectro was primarily a WDW parade and MSEP was grounded, for the most part, in California. The occasional visit was always welcome, a nice treat for a year to celebrate the park's birthday, or a holiday, or just to say hello--but I think Spectro needs to make its return to the MK. I miss the memories!

TylerFG

I love both parades, but Spectro will always be my favorite because it was the first parade I ever saw in WDW and I was so moved by it. I still can't hear the open trumpets and that infamous song without getting a tear in my eye! I say bring it back soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom