Spaceship

Favrefire4

Original Poster
I have heard that Spaceship Earth might be redone into a coaster called Time Racers. The plan is to close the ride in Feb. 2005 and reopen it in 2007 as a rollercoaster. Has anyone else heard of this plan or anyother plan involving the spaceship earth ride? Another rumor that I heard was that Disney was considering a similar ride of Soarin' Over California in Epcot only it would be Soarin' Over Epcot. I think both of these were part of the Gemini project but I was just wondering about the Spaceship Earth. If anyone has heard any of these rumors or even a different rumor I would love to hear it.

crazygirley

I heard something about how they might change it soon, which is cool, but I didn't hear about a roller coaster, although I would bet that is what they would do, no doubt about it.

jaimjaim25

:( that would be absolutely SAD for me! I used to work at AT&T (layoffs have FORCED ME OUT :( ) BUT spaceship earth was my fav ride.. even though it is boring, it grew on me and if it's gone, i will be very upset. Im already upset that AT&T does not sponcer it anymore (no more VIP room for me) but now if they change it Ill be even MORE UPSET! PLEASE NO!! :lookaroun

Blizz

Well I am betting the coaster thing is nothing but bul plop. That would be like trying to fit a coaster in Planet Hollywood. Does not seem fesable.

And the "Soarin' Over" idea was not Soarin' Over Epcot. It was a rumor that since the Canadoan Tourism Commision was not happy with the current file "Oh Canada" and that they might replace it with a type of ride similar to "Soarin' Over California".

I highly doubt either of these. One becuase AT&T just pulled sponsership so thats a bit of money that Disney does not have now, plus it does not seem fesable. And second because of the way the tourism industry is right now, and how unsteady the Walt Disney Company seems right now.

The_CEO

Originally posted by Favrefire4
I have heard that Spaceship Earth might be redone into a coaster called Time Racers. The plan is to close the ride in Feb. 2005 and reopen it in 2007 as a rollercoaster.

No not a coaster.. More like the same ride system.

agdbeanie

I seriously doubt they will open a roller coaster inside the Spaceship Earth building. They are just about to be finished with a major investment--Mission Space. That's a new E-ticket ride that should keep people satisified for quite some time. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

DisneyWonders07

Oh geez I hope they don't get rid of the Spaceship Earth ride! I'd consider it one of the classics, it's too good to just throw away!!! I hope Disney doesn't decide to do this!:(

Tim G

Originally posted by Favrefire4
I have heard that Spaceship Earth might be redone into a coaster called Time Racers.

Rollercoaster?? Emmm........ Who says..........

Just Rumor...

PaisleyMF

Just imagine kinda 5 years from now, Epcot 25!!!

a whole new experience, living it like it was the first day of the rest of your life. i know I will miss the old Rides but this is Epcot 25 the new park.... So lets wait and see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom