Spaceship

meanmice

I think that changing Spaceshp Earth could be a good thing, but I feel that a roller coaster is not the way to go. I think that this ride, being the centerpiece of EPCOT, should be more family friendly. It should be something that everyone can enjoy.

meanmice

Originally posted by celestia
i wonder how they would fit a decent coaster inside spaceship earth.

I heard somewhere, i don't remember where, that if they were to build a rollercoaster inside spaceship earth, part of it would be inside and part would be outside.

Tim G

Originally posted by celestia
i wonder how they would fit a decent coaster inside spaceship earth.

Don't think that wouldn't be too difficult, I've seen worse locations to cramp a coaster in...
And the sphere has got an enormeous space inside...
an inverted rollercoaster would nicely fit in because they take less space

CDS Disney

You can not tell me that the next thing that Disney needs now is another roller coaster. Not one bit. The park has been starving for family oriented rides. It appears that long gone is the time that my family and I could got to Disney World and escaped the "cheep thrills" and "ever faster rides" that continue to populate the amusement park industry. If I wanted thrill rides then I would go to Six Flags but what I crave is family entertainment. Like Disney said "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together." But lately it seems that the "masterminds" (and I use that term loosely) at Disney are creating a rift between age groups. that amount of rides that capture the interest of children and adults alike are dwindling. How many of you out there didn't enjoy "The World of Motion", "Horizons", and now as it seems "Spaceship Earth". I believe that in the Disney Companies quest to become new and updated that they have lost touch with the family image and what made the great. No longer can members of the family enjoy all a full day together at Epcot two of there old fun family orented rides have been transformed in to ones that only thoes with the intestinal fortitude can afford to ride on. Long gone are the rides like "Horrizons" which gave us hope for a brighter feture and the way that things are looking that message will soon be lost again. relpaced with a ride that provides a 2 hour wate and a 2 min thrill acomponied with a warning about pregnacy, heart, and back problems. No knowlege is gained nore is any thing of intressed learned. Are we limiting ourselves in this day to fun it seems that we no longer hope to spark intressed in something new and origonal, and we no longer hope to inform. God save the culture who nolonger looks to its past and glances to the present and beyond.

DisneyWonders07

I have to agree with you whole-heartedly, it would be aweful if they took away Spaceship Earth and replaced it with some "roller-coaster". I do like roller coasters, but like you said, I can go to Six Flags if I wanna get on a roller coaster. The reason Disney is my favorite of all, is that it's different. You can go there, and want to keep going back because of the imagination that goes into every single aspect. Building a roller coaster inside Spaceship Earth would just show that they're losing that ability to imagine great things unlike others who just copy each other. I have never seen to date any other place such as Walt Disney World. Everyone is friendly, the atmosphere is relaxing, you never see a scrap of garbage on the ground (unlike some theme parks that lack the cleanliness), and the overall experience is amazing. I could go on and on about how wonderful Walt Disney World really is, and to make it even more wonderful, they need to preserve the attractions and events that everyone enjoys so much. If it weren't for the unique qualities of Walt Disney World, it'd be just another Six Flags. But it's not, Walt Disney World is extrodinary in every aspect, and I hope that it is kept like that forever.:D

jaimjaim25

A main reason they probably want to change it, is because AT&T dropped out. I mean, they practically just built that whole Network Neighborhood for AT&T when you get off the ride. They will have to re-do that whole thing. Then little 'AT&T' things are all over inside the ride. The whole point is communications, and if no other phone company takes over the sponsership, then it's pointless.. AND SAD! I can't see like a computer company taking over to explain communications throughout the ages.. grrr.. this stinks! No wonder I got laid off from AT&T...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom