Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

animay

I so wish I had discovered this thread sooner. On our last trip to Disney we got on Spaceship Earth at literally 11:59pm with the extra magic hours ending at midnight. We were stunned to see we were the only guests on the ride as far as we could see both in front and behind us. We kept checking throughout the ride to make sure too. I've never experienced that before. I would've taken so many flash pictures if I had known. So, any extra magic hours late night visitors, you know what to do! ;) I love the detective work in all this.

brkgnews

martin, remember that we have to resort to spy tactics due to the fact someone that works in the attraction hasnt come forward and released the information to solve this mystery. one way or another we will get our info. wether it be the easy way or the hard way.... anyone need camo and some black face paint. ill supply.

:D
Should be easy...

Hire one of the helicopter tour companies to fly you over, then bribe the pilot an extra benny to drop you on the tip of the wand.

Climb down the metalwork till you reach alucobond, then use those suction cup hand thingys to climb the sphere to the top hatch.

Open the roof hatch of SSE, drop in a couple of sun-gun lights and FLIR cameras. Shoot several rapid fire bracketed photos.

Base jump off the roof, flying toward the monorail beam. Snip the chute lines, use remaining suction cup thingy to hang onto the edge of the monorail as it rolls to TTC.

Ditch above the STOLport, where you reach your awaiting plane and fly off to an undisclosed location to upload the photos at a public library.

See? Easy as pie. :lookaroun

Grim Grinner

I find it interesting that one of my earliest posts on this board was in debate about some of the details about Spaceship Earth's ending. I remembered a more sci-fi ending- and these posts have gone a long way towards restoring my missing sanity.

A special thanks from someone who lives in the frozen expanse of Illinois, who feeds off the cool stuff you locals can dish out.

It's amazing that some place so far from me is so well known. (I was able to make my way through both Epcot and MK blindfolded- I knew them so well.)

---
Epcot (Center) is my favorite place- I knew it from the onset when Disney sent my family that booklet detailing the pavilions.

Epcotrob

New ending Photos are up at jefflangedvd.com. Just an FYI. Im going to take my maglite in to SSE on monday and wait for a break in the crowds then see whats left up there. :lookaroun That way I know where everything is for "Operation We Want Answers". So on Feb 12th we can get some good FLASH pictures. :D

Epcotrob

I was not able to get to Epcot yesterday. :brick:

But rest assured next Monday Jeff and I will be there and light the place up.

Im gonna try to get over to Epcot tonight but I cant say that I will make it for sure. I will have the family with me tonight. Sorry for the dissapointment but things happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No worries; at least you are only `20 minutes from Spaceship Earth`, ou lucky so and so! BTW; I`m PM`ing you.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I was not able to get to Epcot yesterday. :brick:

But rest assured next Monday Jeff and I will be there and light the place up.

Im gonna try to get over to Epcot tonight but I cant say that I will make it for sure. I will have the family with me tonight. Sorry for the dissapointment but things happen.
good luck (take 2) lol, hmmm, might want to take it easy tonight and not get introuble infront of the FAM... that would be embarrasing.

:lol:

mayoki

Original Poster
Sooooo, not to press, but wasn't this the week to get some new pics?

Also, I was re-reading this thread and there's alot of info and with almost 300 posts and over 20,000 views, it would be great is someone (cough)marni(cough)jmaxwell007 could do a "the story so far" summary. If I attempted it, many would laugh and point.

beanboon

They're back, you can view the individual post here.

Man I feel like such a geek..I just sat and caught up on this entire discussion!
I wish I'd caught it last year.....Beanboon's pics are no longer there :cry:

But I always get this creepy, eerie feeling that I remember something more from when I was a kid (being 24 now), and this must be it!!

Expo_Seeker40

I dunno, after reviewing beanboon's pics, I don't know how the large solar panneled satelite could be there. :shrug:

I know we had someone say they thought they could see it.....last week was it? But even I looked in that area for it when I went in January and there isn't anything there.

scrooge13

They're back, you can view the individual post here.

I know this is a little off topic but speaking of those pictures, does anyone know what those white orbs floating around in all the pictures are? My girlfreind swears they are ghosts or spirits of dead people but i think it just has to do with the way light hits the camera or bounces off certain objects but does anybody know what really causes those white orbs?

Edit: if your not sure what i'm talking about check out the 5th, 6th, and 8th pictures. The orbs are more clear in those pics.

WDW Monorail

I know this is a little off topic but speaking of those pictures, does anyone know what those white orbs floating around in all the pictures are? My girlfreind swears they are ghosts or spirits of dead people but i think it just has to do with the way light hits the camera or bounces off certain objects but does anybody know what really causes those white orbs?

Edit: if your not sure what i'm talking about check out the 5th, 6th, and 8th pictures. The orbs are more clear in those pics.

Those orbs are actually dust particles on the lense of the camera. I believe that I have seen a similar question posted on this board sealing with all of this spiritual stuff.

scrooge13

Those orbs are actually dust particles on the lense of the camera. I believe that I have seen a similar question posted on this board sealing with all of this spiritual stuff.

Interesting, that actually explains alot, like why sometimes the orbs are there and then gone in the next picture! Thats a releif to me at least, my girlfreind had me a little freaked out. There usally always is a logical explanation to everything, just takes some time to get there. Thanks alot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom