Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Horizons1

Ya know, I hard the darndest dream last night. In it I was riding SE and just before we got to the top the ride went 101 and they turned on the lights. And I was all bummed because I wasn't in the top when it happened so I couldn't get any pics up there...

:lookaroun

Too much reading perhaps :ROFLOL:

mayoki

Original Poster
You know, thinking more about this rehab It would be interesting to have a restored space scene at the top, then an interactive, even customized descent, based on a choice of Siemens technology that continues after de-boarding and into the old global Neighborhood.

The Siemens-Disney website Merf listed has a contact person, I wonder how forthcoming he would be about the SSE rehab?

Darren Sparks
Alliance Program & Partner Marketing
darren.sparks@siemens.com
phone: 407.560.8010

Any takers to contact this guy?

2epcot_shaman

Possible New Positiion Of Small Satellite !!

Hi everybody, I've been a lurker on this thread for a while and find everything most interesting. For awhile now I meant to post some pictures I have of the 180top from '86, but couldn't get me hands on a scanner. Well, I finally did last night. Here's a good one of the smaller satellite.
little_sat.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that it held by wires. I know Martin mentioned a possible pole, but maybe that was for somethig else. I have a picture of the big satellite, almost exactly like the one already posted here, but as I scanned it yesterday, I noticed something most pecular.
big_sat_little_circle.jpg

I put a little yellow circle around it, is that the small satellite ???!!! If it is, that would mean that the little satellite was actually where the '94 news screen sits today!!! It really doesn't look like a piece of the larger satellite.

Got one more pic for you guys of a white pannel. The reason I wanted to post this, is because in a few of the many 'nightshot' pics of SSE posted here (not to mention Martin's album), this type of pannel keeps popping up only that you can see they are painted black. In some of those pics you can clearly see the paint chipping off and revealing some of the white.
white_pannel.jpg

One thing I remember about riding SSE in '86 (I was 11 years old) is that the tunnel when you go backwards was completely white, it may not have been really lit up, but I swear that the ceiling and walls were white. This I think kept the motif of you going through a space station. Please Note: The spot on the upper right side is the earth projection, plus on the right side, you can see some type of 'beam' which appears to be part of a larger array.

These 2 pictures below are just pics already posted here which contain this type of pannel.
SSE2.jpg

I think these photos may have been taken in the same general area as my pic of the white pannel, mainly because we keep seeing the earth projection.

SSE8.jpg

I'm new to this forum and want to thank everyone for such interesting information on SSE and keeping me up really late on a number of nights!!:lol:
Martin thanks for all your tribute videos, really brought back many memories!! Can't wait to see the one of the 180top !!:animwink:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
:eek:

somebody page martin...... great post with pics. sadly i cant even read a bunch on it since we are slammed at work. ill catch up on lunch.

EDIT: i didnt even notice this was your first post. way to hit a grand slam. oh and for the record, the small satelite that is behind the big one is in the trajectory of the big onefrom this angle... but as you can see from your first picture, it is much closer to the wall, therefor, being way off from the news screen (IMHO) :)

beanboon

I took a picture very near your satellite picture and had some fun with it.

My picture:
SSE17b.jpg

Your picture over my picture:
SSE17a.jpg

Removing the dark spaces:
SSE17c.jpg

It was taken from CLOSE to where mine was taken so the geometry is off a bit, but it's really close. The satellite was clearly inside the descent tube and the arm heads right towards the still existing tube (just above you in both pictures, out of frame.

If you look at the white_pannel.jpg picture you can see some of the sparkly lights embedded in the surface. You can also see just how far back the area above the current classroom scene went.

No picture of the girl in the window though..

2epcot_shaman

beanboon's photos

Beanboon, its funny you should overlay my photos with yours, because when I first saw this specific photo of yours, and the already posted photo of the big satellite (I think it was Monsanto who compared the two), it was truely EUREKA moment. :sohappy:

When I explain this stuff about the 180 top to others, I always show them this photo of yours against the photo of the big satelllite !!! :lol:

Now I have something better to use when I explain the changes of the 180 top !!! THANX !!

Vernonpush

OK, I was just thinking. I have many Disney DVDs with "Platinum" extras (The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, etc.). I would love to have Disney release a DVD of "The Rides of Yesteryear", an interactive DVD of "those rides long gone" (Computer Generated). Wouldn't you just love popping in the DVD and "riding" Horizons, The World of Motion, Spaceship Earth (82 & 94?), Dreamflight, Flight to the Moon/Mars, Mr. Toads Wild Ride? There is the technology, I've "ridden" The Little Mermaid Ride that was never made.

brkgnews

Would it be too mean to remove those pics from the server and replace them with a "Bandwidth exceeded" graphic? I mean, just long enough to give Martin a heart attack?
:drevil:

joel_maxwell

OK, I was just thinking. I have many Disney DVDs with "Platinum" extras (The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, etc.). I would love to have Disney release a DVD of "The Rides of Yesteryear", an interactive DVD of "those rides long gone" (Computer Generated). Wouldn't you just love popping in the DVD and "riding" Horizons, The World of Motion, Spaceship Earth (82 & 94?), Dreamflight, Flight to the Moon/Mars, Mr. Toads Wild Ride? There is the technology, I've "ridden" The Little Mermaid Ride that was never made.
yo vern, you can. the website is http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/ i have an idea... why dont you and harry buy them... and ill come down and watch. :lol: ill bring the popcorn.

Would it be too mean to remove those pics from the server and replace them with a "Bandwidth exceeded" graphic? I mean, just long enough to give Martin a heart attack?
:drevil:
i think that is so great. i wish we could know when he would be back online.

jedimaster1227

yo vern, you can. the website is http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/ i have an idea... why dont you and harry buy them... and ill come down and watch. :lol: ill bring the popcorn.

I purchased three different Extinct Attractions Club DVDs (Journey into Imagination, World of Motion and Horizons) and I found that the footage wasn't amazing for what I paid, let alone the fact that the footage included some rather personal scenes (including a child having a loud temper tantrum because he couldn't play on Figment's Coloring Book)... Martin's videos have better footage and a better deal for your money (considering that his videos are free).

joel_maxwell

I purchased three different Extinct Attractions Club DVDs (Journey into Imagination, World of Motion and Horizons) and I found that the footage wasn't amazing for what I paid, let alone the fact that the footage included some rather personal scenes (including a child having a loud temper tantrum because he couldn't play on Figment's Coloring Book)... Martin's videos have better footage and a better deal for your money (considering that his videos are free).
yep. good point. ive taken the E:E video and SSE vids before and placed on DVD and taken home. they look great. plus, sam had never riden the org. SSE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom