Spaceship Earth updated?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It's amazing what spending a few bucks can do for the self esteem of a classic ride like SSE can do. Yay for Siemmens. I can't wait to see what the post show turns into. Everytime i exited the ride since ATT left ive felt kind of :hurl: as i had to walk past the defunct Global Neighborhood. I wonder if theres anymore major overhauling of SSE on the To Do list....outside of cosmetic stuff...just as long as it doesnt turn into a roller coaster.

P.S.- Im happy to hear that they are also projecting cool laser stuff onto SSE after IllumiNations again. I always thought that was one of the coolest parts about leaving the park, along with the sparkling sidewalks. Now if they would only bring back the color changing strips of light around the planters at night...

kcnole

I was just in Epcot back in January and was disapointed at what repair SSE needed. I didn't realize the global neighborhood had been gone for a long time and thought the post show was such a letdown for what should be one of the big rides in the park. I also noticed how loud the cars are. That definitely needs to be fixed. It sounds like a roller coaster in there.

LudwigVonDrake

kcnole said:
I was just in Epcot back in January and was disapointed at what repair SSE needed. I didn't realize the global neighborhood had been gone for a long time and thought the post show was such a letdown for what should be one of the big rides in the park. I also noticed how loud the cars are. That definitely needs to be fixed. It sounds like a roller coaster in there.

SSE has gotten VERY loud. Either the cars or the track need to be oiled :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wasn`t there a comment a while ago about part of the Omni`s suspension not being replaced when it would have been cheaper? And now it really needs it it`ll cost a lot more?

Figments Friend

Hi Gang! Just came back from a brief 2 day visit to my favorite place on Earth and thought i'd stop in and leave some comments.

I was on SSE earlier this week and i have to say it looks SO MUCH better then it did when i last visited in September. Wow, what a difference! It was in sad shape when last i experienced it, but this time i noticed many nice improvements...most of which has been covered here already.

I will add this though..the Omnis are not as loud as they were when i rode them last in Spetember. At that time it was very noisy and distracting..not to mention the very bumpy decent. Now they run much better..... quieter, and the decent is smoother. I may be mistaken, but the Omni cars themselves seem to have been repaired as they look new again. Don't know if they are all new cars, or somehow repainted/recovered...but they look and sound great. I was also very happy to see many of the AA's looking clean and in awesome shape. It also seemed that many of the blown bulbs and other lighting effects that have'nt worked for some time were working again...always nice to see! I left very happy and elated to see SSE finally getting some much needed love and attention. Even the outside looks fab...

What a difference a new sponser can make!:) Now...if we can just get rid of those monitors in the escent tunnel we will have things almost perfect!

SSE looks fantastic...i'm looking forward to what may be coming for the post-show area. Would'nt it be cool if if was some sort of gallery or other type of display showcasing the history of Epcot Center? With the 25th Anniversary coming up it would be a neat little treat for us EC Fans.

loriwdunn

Figments Friend said:
SSE looks fantastic...i'm looking forward to what may be coming for the post-show area. Would'nt it be cool if if was some sort of gallery or other type of display showcasing the history of Epcot Center? With the 25th Anniversary coming up it would be a neat little treat for us EC Fans.

Cool idea...I love checking out stuff on this history of the park...like the tribute to Walt during the 100 year celebration at MGM (I don't know if it's still there)...can't wait to find out what they are planning.

Figments Friend

Yes, i LOVE that display at MGM.....for me it's the best attraction in the park next to the GMR. The Walt walk through is awesome..a serious Disney Freak like myself can spend hours in there looking over the photos, models, and all the neat memorabilia. It would be absolutely wonderful if something along the lines of this display were incorperated somewhere in EPCOT for the upcoming Anniversary.

If that does'nt happen, well, i'll settle for a complete remodel/remake of the JII Pavillion instead.........:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom