News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

aladdin2007

Arn’t they supposed to be adding projection effects or something to the existing scenes? And hopefully something for the decline/ending!

it needs more than something, its trashy looking more than ever. I hope that part still has a healthy budget or good plan in place, maybe something with actual creativity involved instead of dust and sheets?

I would still like to see the load and unload refreshed as its fairly dingy too, but I always thought the extreme expense it would probably take to switch the two around or extend the track etc seemed unnecessary.
I still think its neat to walk up into SE from under it, I can't figure out why they feel the need to take that way away and undo everything past Imagineers had designed. I still lament the atrocity of closing up Norway's waterfall...all the details and features like that they continue to do away with it seems like.

philly97flyer

@marni1971 Do you know if the scaled back plans include the post show building? Wondering if we’re going to get something like what was shown in the concept art, or if they’e just redoing the inside of the building that’s already there, like previous updates.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Do you know if the scaled back plans include the post show building? Wondering if we’re going to get something like what was shown in the concept art, or if they’e just redoing the inside of the building that’s already there, like previous updates.
The new building? Given the new budget I’d doubt it. Still, like Innoventions West there’s nothing wrong with what’s there at present.
Spend the money somewhere else that needs it more.

DreamfinderGuy

So they’re not gonna remove the Earth Station building? Seemed like an important part of the overhaul considering models and an entire piece of concept art just depicting that one building have been made. How does the new budget compare to the old one?

KevinPage

I’m coming in 111 pages late but here’s my 2 cents.

1. Current post show is trash and we always walk through it. I’d prefer a cool gift shop and some other neat 1-2 exhibits to tie into the theme of the new ride. You don’t have to throw crazy $$$ at it to make it something interesting/fun.

2. As much as I’ve always loved the attraction, I’d want them to spruce up the first half of the ride so it “pops” more (new AA’s, projection mapping, etc.), then blow the rest of the $$$ on a “knock your socks off” 2nd half/finale.

3. GET JEREMY IRONS BACK. His voice adds so much gravitas to the script and it’s the biggest transgression of the 2007 redo (even worse than the barren awful descent)

#IHaveSpoken 🤩

Last edited:

The Pho

3. GET JEREMY IRONS BACK. His voice adds so much gravitas to the script and it’s the biggest transgression of the 2007 redo (even worse than the barren awful descent)
He was really a perfect fit, and I think Cronkite was as well. If they keep the screens in any form for the next version, what I really want is a way to play all of the old narrations, and maybe some Imagineering commentary as well, even if it’s on some hidden secret menu like Rip Ride Rockit has for its extra songs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom