News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Yert3

I do not understand the love for that awful animation...Everything in the attraction was hyper realistic and suddenly...janky cartoon chariot.
it also ironically dates the attraction more than the previous version. The previous finale had people communicating with video chat via the internet about important events in their lives, which wasn't really possible back in 1994, but now is an everyday occurrence for a lot of people. Now we just have a flash animation reminiscent of the jib jab cartoons which were popular in the 00's but absolutely no one cares about anymore and dates the attraction significantly. Especially since the face cropping barely even works.

DreamfinderGuy

Oh gosh, how clumsy of me to have never posted in this thread. Two or three weeks back, I noticed the descent was a lot more bare than usual (Because you know, I never bother to look at the screens). Then it hit me. The chicken wire that held up the fiber optics stemming from the city in Jeremy Irons’ Spaceship Earth was removed. The actual ceiling fiber optics are still there, but the connector piece between the old city diorama and the ceiling is gone, along with the fiber optics that were mounted to it. Makes me think WDI has been poking around in there and is making some preliminary tests of stuff 🤔

Bocabear

I thought the horse and chariot projection added a bit of whimsy, just like the snoring monk.
I think you are right...It was meant to be whimsical...and also the torches in the distance were all in motion... now I think everything is static but the effect was amazing.... a more realistic chariot would be fine, but bring back the motion to the scene... Special effects available are lightyears ahead of where they were in 1981...doesn't make sense that now there is less than there used to be...

KBLovedDisney

In general, it's easier to reproduce nighttime than daytime.
GolYtlh.gif

SoFloMagic

Uh...either right or left. Depending which seat you're in. Just turn around at that point and you'll see it.

(I've spun around a couple of times myself. The people behind me were probably wondering what the heck I was doing)
So this entire time I was picturing it in the dome and couldn't grasp where it was for the life of me. Rode it today and was searching as we descended into the light field. I gave up and happened to look up above me - there it was. Hilariously obvious once you see it and so cool, but what an odd spot to put it in.

trainplane3

So this entire time I was picturing it in the dome and couldn't grasp where it was for the life of me. Rode it today and was searching as we descended into the light field. I gave up and happened to look up above me - there it was. Hilariously obvious once you see it and so cool, but what an odd spot to put it in.
Exactly, I can't miss it now.

trainplane3

ENHANCE:
EJJquQlXkAA8the.jpg:orig

ENHANCE:
sse2.JPG

The specific section of the site for anyone that's curious:

rle4lunch

ENHANCE:
EJJquQlXkAA8the.jpg:orig

ENHANCE:
View attachment 425026

The specific section of the site for anyone that's curious:

Thanks team ramrod.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom