News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

rle4lunch

I will say this is a larger project than any so far. Quite a bit of civil engineering is involved as well as actual show changes and upgrades. Thus far I’ve heard nothing about IP but we’ll see.

One can only hope the upgrade can live up to the once vaunted status of SSE.

As a lifelong goer to WDW and DL, and now DVC owner, I'm continually looking for an increased ROI each visit. The last 5-10 years of trips have really stalled out my enthusiasm, so seeing the big push of all the newness is helping me a bit.

trainplane3

One can only hope the upgrade can live up to the once vaunted status of SSE.

As a lifelong goer to WDW and DL, and now DVC owner, I'm continually looking for an increased ROI each visit. The last 5-10 years of trips have really stalled out my enthusiasm, so seeing the big push of all the newness is helping me a bit.
Agreed. I'm 100% fine with SSE going down for 2(+) years if it means the ride can be restored to its glory.

Side note, the earth projection is still so bright that it really lights up the dome.

I'm taking a friend down to WDW later this year and they asked me, "I haven't been there in like 5+ years, what's new". My response, "Well you can actually walk around NFL now, HoP is updated and the new movie is fantastic, Soarin' takes you around the world now, and...M:S doesn't look like a cutscene from a PS2 game...?, and TSL and Avatar is a thing now too". I may have skipped over SWGE as a surprise for them though ;) They're still looking forward to the trip but were disappointed there really wasn't much new stuff compared to the older management. I'm looking forward to new things just because the parks stalled for so freaking long.

tparris

I will say this is a larger project than any so far. Quite a bit of civil engineering is involved as well as actual show changes and upgrades. Thus far I’ve heard nothing about IP but we’ll see.
If you can say anything, how does the budget and scale of the project compare to Guardians?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom