News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

flyerjab

One of them.

Man. What the heck is going on? Upgrades and Pandora in DAK. TSL, SW:GE, MMRR at DHS. TRON in MK. You said more projects big and small are being discussed for DHS. GotG, Rat, Space Food and the Skyliner. New resorts and more stuff at DS.

Now Brazil, UK Pavilion ride, SSE refurb and Innoventions changes. This has been kinda nuts. Everyone might not agree with direction but there is a lot happening.

I assume there is more you probably aren’t saying as well. Only time will tell. Martin, I hope you have cause to keep whistling in these threads! 😙

GlacierGlacier

They can do that in FJ because the vehicles are actually individual cars and not connected to each other - they basically drive themselves around the track - more like Toy Story Mania.
Yes, hence simulated Omnimover. TSM and FJ are technically bus-bar attractions, like a much more advanced Mr. Toads.

rocketraccoon

The entrance after the Phoenicians are booted from the ride

PorterRedkey

Keep in mind the 2007 refurb was marketed as a Re-Imagining. So I would expect a similar level of change here if not a bit more. My gut feeling is the rides concept/story is safe until I am proven otherwise. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the park.
@marni1971 said that Tom has a lot of the details correct. IIRC, that article said everything up to and including the industrial revolution was safe. Big changes for the scenes after that.

I love this ride! It is the last of the long-form dark rides and the icon of the park. Please do not mess this up Disney!!!! KEEP THE IP AWAY from this attraction.

I am excited SSE is getting love, love that GMR never got. I think Disney can make this attraction better, especially if we can lose the screens and get a proper decent. The attraction has to keep it soul, like it has through most of the previous updates.

I got my eyes on you TDO and I am sharpening my pitchfork, just in case.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
From what i know, Disney discovered that SSE could not handle the level of stress caused by a ride like Time Racers.
Good, some thing like that seems a short ride. But knowing that TR is not coming doesnt adress if it will be something else. i Hope not.

Purduevian

Man. What the heck is going on? Upgrades and Pandora in DAK. TSL, SW:GE, MMRR at DHS. TRON in MK. You said more projects big and small are being discussed for DHS. GotG, Rat, Space Food and the Skyliner. New resorts and more stuff at DS.

Now Brazil, UK Pavilion ride, SSE refurb and Innoventions changes. This has been kinda nuts. Everyone might not agree with direction but there is a lot happening.

I assume there is more you probably aren’t saying as well. Only time will tell. Martin, I hope you have cause to keep whistling in these threads! 😙

I assume it has something to do Fantastic Worlds. Universal getting a 3rd theme park, adding hotels, and adding some serious investment from Comcast. This includes more HP, the introduction of Nintendo (one of the few things that can compete with SW and Marvel), JW roller coaster, and I'm sure much more. Universal has always been #2 to Disney, mostly stealing a day or two from Disney visitors... but they are trying really hard to be a 1b to Disney's 1a and become a destination all their own.

Bender123

descent is the best part. Good time to take a nap without any distractions.

With the focus on thrill rides, there aren't a lot of "rest" rides left in the parks...When I needed a 40 minute air conditioned nap, I would just go on UoE or go to Symbiosis. Now the only AC sleepy area is the secret Innoventions hallway by World of Coke with the original 1980s restrooms...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom