• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

tparris

Advertisement
Hey there, @marni1971.
Can't you say whether there will be any IP in the update?

Also, I am curious if you consider this a refurb of SSE (Same theme, track/load/unload updates) or would you say it is a reimagining of SSE (new theme & artistic style, along with the other infrastructure updates).
With how long it’s expected to take as well as the extent of the work they will do, I would say it’s a reimagining. Can’t speak for Martin, of course.

PorterRedkey

With how long it’s expected to take as well as the extent of the work they will do, I would say it’s a reimagining. Can’t speak for Martin, of course.
Do you have any knowledge of a new theme or artistic direction? I was asking @marni1971 because he is the one with knowledge of the project, but if you also have info on the project too I would be happy to hear it.

I like your avatar gif.

HMF

Hey there, @marni1971.
Can't you say whether there will be any IP in the update?

Also, I am curious if you consider this a refurb of SSE (Same theme, track/load/unload updates) or would you say it is a reimagining of SSE (new theme & artistic style, along with the other infrastructure updates).
Keep in mind the 2007 refurb was marketed as a Re-Imagining. So I would expect a similar level of change here if not a bit more. My gut feeling is the rides concept/story is safe until I am proven otherwise. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the park.

Last edited:

tparris

Do you have any knowledge of a new theme or artistic direction? I was asking @marni1971 because he is the one with knowledge of the project, but if you also have info on the project too I would be happy to hear it.

I like your avatar gif.
Ah, I was pretty much just restating what Marni has already said, I’m no insider lol. Also I got the gif from E82’s Twitter.

Rich Brownn

Outside of track and overall systems upgrades, something I'd like to see for the ride system is asynchronous loading for ADA/Wheelchair guests.

The slowdown that occurs with any Omnimover attraction detracts from the guest experience.

I don't know of any tech like this for classic omnimovers.

Simulated Omnimovers (where the ride vehicles are not directly connected but still operate in a chain) like Forbidden Journey accomplish this well, with separate load/unload without a conveyer for ADA guests.

With Martin's post about WDI looking into the ride system for this attraction, a simulated Omnimover like that would be useful, and quite interesting.

Not sure how it'd work with the steep slopes of SSE. But I'm not a mechanical engineer 😂
They can do that in FJ because the vehicles are actually individual cars and not connected to each other - they basically drive themselves around the track - more like Toy Story Mania.

flyerjab

One of them.
Man. What the heck is going on? Upgrades and Pandora in DAK. TSL, SW:GE, MMRR at DHS. TRON in MK. You said more projects big and small are being discussed for DHS. GotG, Rat, Space Food and the Skyliner. New resorts and more stuff at DS.

Now Brazil, UK Pavilion ride, SSE refurb and Innoventions changes. This has been kinda nuts. Everyone might not agree with direction but there is a lot happening.

I assume there is more you probably aren’t saying as well. Only time will tell. Martin, I hope you have cause to keep whistling in these threads! 😙

GlacierGlacier

They can do that in FJ because the vehicles are actually individual cars and not connected to each other - they basically drive themselves around the track - more like Toy Story Mania.
Yes, hence simulated Omnimover. TSM and FJ are technically bus-bar attractions, like a much more advanced Mr. Toads.

PorterRedkey

Keep in mind the 2007 refurb was marketed as a Re-Imagining. So I would expect a similar level of change here if not a bit more. My gut feeling is the rides concept/story is safe until I am proven otherwise. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the park.
@marni1971 said that Tom has a lot of the details correct. IIRC, that article said everything up to and including the industrial revolution was safe. Big changes for the scenes after that.

I love this ride! It is the last of the long-form dark rides and the icon of the park. Please do not mess this up Disney!!!! KEEP THE IP AWAY from this attraction.

I am excited SSE is getting love, love that GMR never got. I think Disney can make this attraction better, especially if we can lose the screens and get a proper decent. The attraction has to keep it soul, like it has through most of the previous updates.

I got my eyes on you TDO and I am sharpening my pitchfork, just in case.

Wngo905

From what i know, Disney discovered that SSE could not handle the level of stress caused by a ride like Time Racers.
Good, some thing like that seems a short ride. But knowing that TR is not coming doesnt adress if it will be something else. i Hope not.

Top Bottom