News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

MiddKid

Yes, the only real logic I can see in the case of a company like Siemens is the halo effect it might provide to a company whose ambitions may extend to political lobbying or otherwise doing deals with governments that can be assisted with a certain amount of public goodwill. It would seem odd to me that a company would be crossing their fingers that some eccentric billionaire CEO would be so enamoured with an attraction at Disney World that they'd phone up the corporate offices and instruct them to throw a major contract the sponsor's way.

As everyone is asking why a company would sponsor a pavilion because they wouldn’t sell to your typical WDW tourist, don’t forget that Disney is a buyer too. In many situations Disney would have numerous finalists for a RFP and a company like Siemens could throw in “and we’ll sponsor an attraction” (or Disney will ask them to) as the sweetener to get the deal done over its competitors. Sponsorship deals are rarely just about the attraction. They also get all Disney’s corresponding business in that category on the back-end. If Ford replaced GM tomorrow, you’d see a whole new fleet of Minnie Vans on the road...

trainplane3

October 1st, 2019 maybe?
ECn25U6UcAAZWD8.jpg:orig

aladdin2007

Im a little confused about SE in all the new concept art/models, there doesnt seem to be anything at all attached to it? Not the old building (which we believed was going anyway) and not seeing a new building either? Or am I not seeing something.

Crazydisneyfanluke

They only made the concept art for what is already known to the public. The spine redo (they added the water feature, but didnt say much about anything else), the firework show, rat, the play thingy, and space resturant. Notice, Brazil (or any rumored country) isnt there, the rumored changes to SSE, nor is the UK ride.

eddie104

They only made the concept art for what is already known to the public. The spine redo (they added the water feature, but didnt say much about anything else), the firework show, rat, the play thingy, and space resturant. Notice, Brazil (or any rumored country) isnt there, the rumored changes to SSE, nor is the UK ride.
Why would they reveal everything they have planned at a media preview ?

Bocabear

I recall hearing a rumor a while ago that this was something they were "doing". I guess we'll have to see if it is actually happening. I just hope it isn't obnoxious.
It should look like the concept art...It could be very sparkly pretty... I think the spotlighting on the sphere has always been enough, but this will add more...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't mean to kill @marni1971 with the pinging he's bound to get today, but could you give input on any sort of LED addition to SSE? I'm inclined to say this twinkling is just artist interpretation, but I'm also with @trainplane3 in recalling a rumor about something like this.
I recall it too, but it wasn’t from me.

Thank god I’m off work today. A tablet is so easier to reply via as opposed to an iPhone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom