News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Epcot_Imagineer

@marni1971 I think I finally have a question I can ask without you having to pass... Is there a set plan for the new SSE? Or is there pre-production still occurring in regards to the story, layout design? I'm just trying to determine if WDI is in a phase of designing, selecting an option out of a couple, or if there is a generally agreed upon direction heading forward. The way you're talking seems to indicate nothing really has been set in stone.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 I think I finally have a question I can ask without you having to pass... Is there a set plan for the new SSE? Or is there pre-production still occurring in regards to the story, layout design? I'm just trying to determine if WDI is in a phase of designing, selecting an option out of a couple, or if there is a generally agreed upon direction heading forward. The way you're talking seems to indicate nothing really has been set in stone.
If the attraction indeed goes dark within six months I hope they have a rock solid plan.

bcoachable

@marni-
I know you mentioned they are planning on removing the ride vehicles one by painstakingly slow one-
Are they revamping them, or could we see a new ride system installed?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
will also depend on what the sponsor wants or doesn't want if a sponsor is involved with this at all. not sounding like a sponsor type thing with the current trend of changes, but too early too I imagine.
I'm thinking the new sponsor will want their logo covering up the art...

bcoachable

@marni-
SSE in particular has a unique set of problems for refurbs. It’s landlocked by an open park (even with half a pathway closed for off peak works access) plus anything coming in and out only has one elevator, two sets of stairs or the ride tunnels to use. There’s no loading bay “around the back”.

Add to that it’s not the easiest or quickest ride to remove ride vehicles from, let alone all of them for a new track.
@marni-
This is what I was referencing- probably just read too much into it.
That being said- is there a chance the old track system goes in favor of something new???

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Wowza
Seriously?

@marni1971 can probably elude to it more than I can (or at least cast more intrigue and speculation, as he uniquely does. ;)) But in addition to the whole revamp of the spine and redo/demolition of the Communicore buildings, the back half of SSE involving Project Tomorrow and the former Corporate lounge is rumored to be removed and reimagined. It would also eliminate the current entrance to SSE in the front and relocate it and the queue to the back.

Timing wise it actually works quite well, because all the spine work would necessitate the closure and relocations of the paths around SSE for construction access from the loop road.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@marni1971 can probably elude to it more than I can (or at least cast more intrigue and speculation, as he uniquely does. ;)) But in addition to the whole revamp of the spine and redo/demolition of the Communicore buildings, the back half of SSE involving Project Tomorrow and the former Corporate lounge is rumored to be removed and reimagined. It would also eliminate the current entrance to SSE in the front and relocate it and the queue to the back.

Timing wise it actually works quite well, because all the spine work would necessitate the closure and relocations of the paths around SSE for construction access from the loop road.
Well they blew their corporate sponsor so removing the sponsors Lounge is no biggie. Siemens is still chuckling.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well they blew their corporate sponsor so removing the sponsors Lounge is no biggie. Siemens is still chuckling.

As far as I know, us regular folk don't know the full story of the split up. Most people who say why publicly wind up being told 'nope' by real insiders.

So, do you know for sure what happen to the Disney-Siemens relationship?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
As far as I know, us regular folk don't know the full story of the split up. Most people who say why publicly wind up being told 'nope' by real insiders.

So, do you know for sure what happen to the Disney-Siemens relationship?

Well it vastly differs from the anointed versions I've seen here. Yes. We have a long time family friend that works for Siemens. I've read the fan based versions. I heard days before what was going to come down from Siemens. The two stories do not mesh no matter how much the fan based people try to push that narrative. Siemens a massive corporation didn't need Disney.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well it vastly differs from the anointed versions I've seen here. Yes. We have a long time family friend that works for Siemens. I've read the fan based versions. I heard days before what was going to come down from Siemens. The two stories do not mesh no matter how much the fan based people try to push that narrative. Siemens a massive corporation didn't need Disney.

I've seen even conflicting reports from people who know people who work for Seimens. Just like we've seen conflicting reports from people who work for Disney on a variety of topics and issues.

🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom