News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

hpyhnt 1000

I just hope the day finally comes when the screens on the ride vehicle are finally gone. Not fond of the interactive element during the final minutes of the attraction.

Definitely agree the whole interactive screen descent was lousy.

But I'd say there's one good reason for keeping the screens - ability to select your language.* And while we're at it, I also didn't mind the "show us where you're from" part and how that was sent to the big map in the post show. In fact, keeping those elements would fit nicely into the whole "shared story" reboot Disney was teasing. So basically keep the screens for that but nothing else.

*How about an added Easter egg selection for the fans? Something where you tap and hold two languages or something and a hidden menu lets you choose a previous SSE narration (Perrin, Cronkite, Irons, or Dench). Sorta like the hidden songs on Rip, Ride, Rocket at Universal. Make it happen!

Last edited:

Dragonman

Definitely agree the who interactive screen descent was lousy.

But I'd say there's one good reason for keeping the screens - ability to select your language.* And while we're at it, I also didn't mind the "show us where you're from" part and how that was sent to the big map in the post show. In fact, keeping those elements would fit nicely into the whole "shared story" reboot Disney was teasing. So basically keep the screens for that but nothing else.

*How about an added Easter egg selection for the fans? Something where you tap and hold two languages or something and a hidden menu lets you choose a previous SSE narration (Perrin, Cronkite, Irons, or Dench). Sorta like the hidden songs on Rip, Ride, Rocket at Universal. Make it happen!

I love that idea honestly. The Perrin and Cronkite narrations don’t exist in HD so if they pulled them out of the Archives and remastered them that would be amazing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

JohnD

Spaceship Earth refurb will be finished in the year 2022? :confused:

Who knows. If it were me, I'd just let it continue running under the current theme until after the spine is complete and GOTG and Rat are finished. Start the refurb then. Crowds get redistributed to new attractions with the new spine open.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Spaceship Earth refurb will be finished in the year 2022? :confused:
It may not even start for a few years is what Martin was hinting at. After that, two to three more years... if they don't decide to abandon the refresh and just do a maintenance refurb.

Almost everything is in the air... on pause... indefinitely. Even the projects already started, let alone the ones that haven't.

ABQ

There is this strange scaffold thing being built up between the new acrylic monoliths and the lower front of the sphere (northside). No idea what it could be for, but not implying it's related to the permit, but just throwing it out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom