Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

PBJelly

I was sad to know this refurbishment was going to happen for so long, after not being able to ride it due to the closure.

However, I'm looking forward to see where this refurbishment will go.

RSoxNo1

A coaster style banshee chase through forests.
To be clear, this was cut VERY early on. This wasn't anything that was announced or even part of the leaked blueprints. Those blueprints leaked in October of 2012 and included the descriptions of the C-ticket boat ride and the E-ticket simulator.

Any coaster was presumably shelved prior to this. The announcement of the partnership with Cameron was in September of 2011, perhaps Martin would know if this was developed pre-Announcement from Disney (pre September 2011) or between the announcement and the leak?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To be clear, this was cut VERY early on. This wasn't anything that was announced or even part of the leaked blueprints. Those blueprints leaked in October of 2012 and included the descriptions of the C-ticket boat ride and the E-ticket simulator..
Obviously the plans including the rapids ride didn’t leak. The changes seem to have happened in 2012.

And my mistake, it wasn’t a clone of the DCA rapids ride layout.

Last edited:

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
So Marni - We could have had a true E, E/D+ in FP and another D/D+ in this rapids ride???

Sadly we got a small E and C which to be honest are great. However, if we got the original ride list this would have been the best Disney park section in the US.
I'm still mourning Beastly Kingdom 😢. That would have been the best Disney park section in the US in my opinion.

lazyboy97o

To be clear, this was cut VERY early on. This wasn't anything that was announced or even part of the leaked blueprints. Those blueprints leaked in October of 2012 and included the descriptions of the C-ticket boat ride and the E-ticket simulator.

Any coaster was presumably shelved prior to this. The announcement of the partnership with Cameron was in September of 2011, perhaps Martin would know if this was developed pre-Announcement from Disney (pre September 2011) or between the announcement and the leak?
Cut is probably not even the right word. This would have been during Blue Sky and Concept Design, both of which occur before the serious Feasibility phase that results in the major green light.

RSoxNo1

I'm still mourning Beastly Kingdom 😢. That would have been the best Disney park section in the US in my opinion.
Think about that though. If there was a Beastly Kingdom there likely would be no Everest, no Pandora and no Festival of the Lion King. The initial proposal for Beastly Kingdom was the unicorn maze and the dragon tower coaster, is that correct?

Captain Neo

Yes. Originally 3 rides. Rapids River, Passage and the E.

Is there any word from WDI that if Avatar 2-5 do as well as the first that Disney might greenlight the cut E attraction to expand the pandora? I'm assuming the area it was designed for is still available?

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Think about that though. If there was a Beastly Kingdom there likely would be no Everest, no Pandora and no Festival of the Lion King. The initial proposal for Beastly Kingdom was the unicorn maze and the dragon tower coaster, is that correct?
Plus a Fantasia boat ride. Honestly I would rather have Dragon Tower than Everest, as much as I love Everest. But I'm a Beastly Kingdom apologist, so I may be in the minority here. This is very much off the topic of Spaceship Earth's refurbishment...whoops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom