Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

DreamfinderGuy

Still praying they keep the rear showbuilding.

They've torn enough stuff down. Please don't make SSE look weird.
They’ve confirmed it’s staying. It’s in all the new concept art, not going anywhere. All they were gonna do was tear down the southernmost end and round it off, so the current building has enough space and more for everything they were going to do with the “new” one.

CJR

My optimism, after today, is at...maybe.....10% battery....but do we think some of the EPCOT announcements might be saved for the 40th? More than likely not at all.

The one saving grace is that Josh did say more announcements would be coming.

I wouldn't expect a new SSE until 2025 or later though after the revealing of yesterday's timeline.

I doubt SSE will put up much of a marketing opponent to EU, but that could really be it in 2025 at this rate. Although TBA will still be new at least.

eddie104

Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath. Why sit on those announcements when D23 was so noticeably bear/lackluster?
I’m afraid you’re probably correct. We have a total of three projects that were put on the back burner or maybe even cancelled due to Covid.

Two of them would added some capacity to the park I believe.

tparris

The past 4 times I’ve ridden SSE, at least one set of screens remained on the entire duration of the ride. Sometimes it’s just a backlit black screen, other times it’s playing the star field animation from unload. The descent is even more rough than the rest of the ride, and the sounds coming from under the ride vehicles almost had me worried the car was gonna come loose at some points. The ride system itself sounds horrible. It’s extremely loud and it sounds like it’s gonna catch fire some day with how hard it’s having to work. Constant clanking sounds and occasional cracking noises. All this, not to mention the inside feels like they’ve just completely shut off the AC. It’s extremely stuffy and uncomfortable the entire ride. It’s completely unacceptable for them to allow the ride to operate in this state. Utterly embarrassing. Unfortunately it seems the ride will literally never get refurbished now.

FoodRockz

The past 4 times I’ve ridden SSE, at least one set of screens remained on the entire duration of the ride. Sometimes it’s just a backlit black screen, other times it’s playing the star field animation from unload. The descent is even more rough than the rest of the ride, and the sounds coming from under the ride vehicles almost had me worried the car was gonna come loose at some points. The ride system itself sounds horrible. It’s extremely loud and it sounds like it’s gonna catch fire some day with how hard it’s having to work. Constant clanking sounds and occasional cracking noises. All this, not to mention the inside feels like they’ve just completely shut off the AC. It’s extremely stuffy and uncomfortable the entire ride. It’s completely unacceptable for them to allow the ride to operate in this state. Utterly embarrassing. Unfortunately it seems the ride will literally never get refurbished now.
...happy 40th EPCOT!

Mickeynerd17

At this rate, somebody's going to get seriously hurt from this lack of maintenance.

It's happened at Disneyland. Don't think it won't happen again. History always repeats itself.

fgmnt

Never noticed anytrack issues when I went recently. The ride wasn't as cool as normal but wasn't unbearable either, then again it wasnt hot out like in August either.
The track is very audibly clunky. I cant really gauge it in comparison to other trips i have taken on it in the past, but none of tbe omnimovers there i have been on recently have the audible and occasionally physically sensational clunking you experience on SSE.

They won’t do this but ideally you would see Imagination offline 24-25 and SSE 26-27. By then you probably could take an opportunity for another update to Test Track and a replacement for Mission Space.

But we know none of this is going to happen, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom