Spaceship Earth CLOSED July 9 through November 1, 2007

lpet11984

According to the email that was sent out to CM's and the original press release there will be another phase of rennovation slated for SSE in the Spring of 2008 and the hope is that this is when they will finally tear down the ugly wand and do some retooling of the SSE/Communicore area.

We can only hope...

imagineer99

Does that seem like a short amount of time to anybody else? I have a feeling that this big update isn't going to be all that different...

As much as I love Space Ship Earth, I was really hoping for a quiter, and altogether more polished ride system.

domndebs

We're there in Aug. My sister and her family will be with us for that trip, she's only been to wdw once before - 1994!:brick: she's not happy! It was one of things she's really looking forward to.

DarkImage4

I appreciate that these attractions are gettign some much needed TLC, but...

No Haunted Mansion OR Spaceship Earth this summer is just not cool....oh well!

rdour@techminds

They're going to have to work really fast.

If those are the dates, imagine how fast they will have to work. I know they'll clean everything in there really well. That alone could take months. Also, has anyone built something big, like a recording studio? I imagine that there is a ton of fiber, DMX cabling, electrical, analog audio, etc. Not to mention the track system. Even if you wanted to, you couldn't just throw a ton of people at the job. There is only so much room in there not taken up by objects. Extreme coordination will be necessary, as dependencies for systems will make things interesting. I'd love to see their PERT diagram for that job. Imagine the project ,4 months to update everything that has needed it since the last major rehab.

* Track maintenence.
* Lighting and show elements.
* costume and scene object cleaning and restoration.
* General building maintenence.
* Testing, testing testing.
* Training and user testing.

Now, as we've all done projects of our own small and large, you know it doesn't always go as planned. I would wait until closer to November to predict a real date. If they have any point where a dependency or entire production must wait, the project would see some delay.

dragonfox98

My DS will be so upset! This is his favorite ride - he rode it at least eight times last April. I saw the rumor on Wednesday, hoping it wasn't true (at least during the time we are there). But, as many have said, SSE does need the refurb, and it will give me a reason to go back next year!

SDav10495

If those are the dates, imagine how fast they will have to work.

Well, it does sound like there might be that second phase. They did originally say the full rehab would be completed sometime in early 2008, possibly spring, and I'm sure they thought that time frame out pretty well before they announced it. I'd think the whole thing would have to take more than these 4 months...maybe the proposed changes could be made to any other attraction in 4 months, but seeing how difficult it is to get anything in and out of Spaceship Earth (not to mention move around in there) I'm sure there will be another phase we don't officially know about yet.

kybred72

Totally bummed...SSE would be my fav ride in all of Epcot. Would have liked to ride the old version b/f it gets revamped. :cry:

sweetale

I know that it needs some TLC and I'm excited for updates...but it's my favorite ride and it'll be closed for my honeymoon :cry: ...

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Hi I went on to the website under Epcot operational updates and could not find thid info anywhere. Is it posted in another area?
you have to select the correct month...then it pops up. Or you could just trust me that these are the dates lol

farmgirl

you have to select the correct month...then it pops up. Or you could just trust me that these are the dates lol

Yes I clicked on the month but nothing I had tried all the parks and everything was blank but when I tried again and refreshed it all worked. :shrug: I trusted you anyways my husband came home and I was jumping up and down in the kitchen and this was before I even clicked on the link to check it out.:lol: I was so excited because it will be open now when we are there. We thought it would be closed right to the end of November. Thanks for the info.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom