Spaceship Earth Burning Rome Scene

Annielkd

Oh wow

I LOVED that part. I also read on another post that the dog was gone in the living with the land ride. It's amazing the detail that has been put into these things... the small things are the things we miss. When I last went on Big Thunder Mountain the rocks weren't shaking... I missed that as well.

Tom Morrow

the burning Rome smell has definitely been gone for at LEAST a year or more.

Another beloved effect probably lost to the ages

(the age of lazy maintenance)

PhilharMagician

The paperboy is gone now, too? The dog in the land?? The burning smell in Rome?????

*head explodes*

Don't expolde just yet. RSoxNo1 is just stirring the pot a little. :lol:

The paperboy is still there, but unfortunately not where he used to be prior to the refurb a few years ago.

Atkins

Banned
Are people sure the dog in the Land hasn't just been taken away for a temporary refurbishment? I have to think removing one stationary animatronic and fixing it elsewhere makes more sense then shutting down the entire ride.

Also the reports of the Rome burning smell seem inconsistent at best.

We were in Disney last week and the rome burning smell is definitely either completely broken or it's terribly close - you could get a very faint whiff of it but I think that could just be how the area smells because of having been exposed to the piped in scent for so long.

It was real disappointing, I loved that smell.

powlessfamily4

I don't think that's right. I know I could smell it in August.

Agreed. I was there in September last year and it was definitely there. I was back the 1st week of March and it was gone. As another poster stated just a hint of the smell that seems to have permeated the set. This was my favorite smell in all of Disney.... I hope they bring it back. :veryconfu

NX2I85

That particular smell is a very strong memory trigger for lots of folks, myself included. I wonder if when I go through SSE next I will smell it even though it is not there any longer. Sort of a memory trigger in reverse.:shrug:

G00fyDad

I know Disney lets a lot of their themes slip into disrepair but maybe Disney intentionally turned this on off. Weren't there too many calls to 911 about SSE on fire? Until every person on the planet had a cell phone this was not likely an issue but now that children are born into the world with a cell phone in their hand I am sure those calls have gotten to be too much.

alphac2005

It's just all part of the less for more culture that has poisoned Walt Disney World. It's a real shame. The fact that major show effects throughout the property have been eliminated because of cost or lack or upkeep, which is due cost cutting is absurd.

What a role reversal as the Anaheim property was a mess in the 90's and now it's Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom