Spaceship Earth Burning Rome Scene

hpyhnt 1000

Good to hear the burn is back! Guess they ran out of the stuff and there was a supply issue or something. :shrug:

Now, if they could just get to those other effects (I'm looking at you burning Rome smoke, Phoenician boat, printing press, 180top, descent, etc., etc...)

goodolgm

Rode SSE last night. The Rome scent is kicking stronger than I ever recall it...perhaps a little too strong...can't be too picky though, don't want it to go away again.

The boats are still rocking. Looked good. Actually everything in the first half looked good...only two things I noticed were the lack of smoke in Rome (still), and the large wheel on the printing press is stationary (still). All the animatronics themselves and the scenes as a whole looked great.

The descent still looks awful. Now that dust is beginning to accumulate on all those curtains and are being accentuated by the high-power blacklights, I hope someone high enough up the chain rides and realizes how bad show it really is. As if the chicken wire with garbage resting on it overhead wasn't enough. :shrug:

aladdin2007

Rode today and the scent is def there, no rising smoke effect tho guess that would cost too much to fix. :brick: But nice to have the scent back.

The music was off in the sleeping monk scene...and the descent is trashier than ever. Just look up at all the junk laying on top of and falling through the so wonderful chicken wire. And the curtains on the sides are filthy. Great job Disney/Siemens.

Oddysey

Rode SSE last night. The Rome scent is kicking stronger than I ever recall it...perhaps a little too strong...can't be too picky though, don't want it to go away again.

The boats are still rocking. Looked good. Actually everything in the first half looked good...only two things I noticed were the lack of smoke in Rome (still), and the large wheel on the printing press is stationary (still). All the animatronics themselves and the scenes as a whole looked great.

The descent still looks awful. Now that dust is beginning to accumulate on all those curtains and are being accentuated by the high-power blacklights, I hope someone high enough up the chain rides and realizes how bad show it really is. As if the chicken wire with garbage resting on it overhead wasn't enough. :shrug:

I noticed that last night. It definitely lookes like there is garbage resting on it. I was a little suprised to see it, and I wonder what it really is.

aladdin2007

I noticed that last night. It definitely lookes like there is garbage resting on it. I was a little suprised to see it, and I wonder what it really is.

Its been there since the refurb and has become worse, it looks like roof sheeting scraps and insulation. Way to go Disney!:brick::fork:

Scuttle

Its been there since the refurb and has become worse, it looks like roof sheeting scraps and insulation. Way to go Disney!:brick::fork:

It's horrible. It looks more like trash to me. Just because they have an interactive screen doesn't mean poeople aren't going to notice this stuff. In the past this is the sort of stuff Disney would do to go that extra step to make sure if someone looked away for a brief moment they wouldn't notice crap like this.

zweltar

I'm glad to hear that the burning Rome scent is back. Hopefully it stays there for my upcoming June trip.

I'm sad to hear that there is "garbage" visible to the guest. Like a previous poster said, these small details are the things that set Disney apart from the competition. It's frustrating/sad to see them slip up on so many things. Do I expect them to be perfect? Heavens no. But some of the maintenance and ride functionality issues have been complained about on the board for a long time, certainly long enough for TDO to notice and be able to do something about.

RonAnnArbor

ITs sheer speculation by people on this board....The descent is finished.

If you go looking for garbage, you will find garbage. If you sit and watch what is programmed for you, then you wouldn't be looking up at the ceiling to find it -- just like any "show"....sit too far to the side of the orchestra and you will see the people waiting in the wings to come on for their next scene....and you will see the garbage "backstage" too --

A lot of complaining about nothing because people here like to do that.

misterID

ITs sheer speculation by people on this board....The descent is finished.

If you go looking for garbage, you will find garbage. If you sit and watch what is programmed for you, then you wouldn't be looking up at the ceiling to find it -- just like any "show"....sit too far to the side of the orchestra and you will see the people waiting in the wings to come on for their next scene....and you will see the garbage "backstage" too --

A lot of complaining about nothing because people here like to do that.

It's not finished, it's just there. Maybe to TDO it's finished, but no, it isn't.

And sorry people have a different opinion than you do. Isn't it terrible?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom