Space Mountain Updates

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Have not heard anything on this here. From Miceage:

SPACE MOUNTAIN:
Space Mountain seems to have new digital projectors. They appear to be testing them right now. Currently, they project images of meteors, stars, giant chocolate chip cookies and other space related images. Although this could just be a normal projector upgrade replacing the old rotating slide projectors, it does allow for the possibility of something much greater. Couple this with the rampant rumors that both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom versions of the ride will be upgraded sometime in the future, and perhaps we may see something impressive soon. Only time will tell.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

SPACE MOUNTAIN:
Space Mountain seems to have new digital projectors. They appear to be testing them right now. Currently, they project images of meteors, stars, giant chocolate chip cookies and other space related images. Although this could just be a normal projector upgrade replacing the old rotating slide projectors, it does allow for the possibility of something much greater. Couple this with the rampant rumors that both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom versions of the ride will be upgraded sometime in the future, and perhaps we may see something impressive soon. Only time will tell.

There are rampant rumors of Space Mountain upgrades?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Anyone thinking Ghost Galaxy for Halloween???

Maybe. Or maybe they can no source longer parts for the old units, and were forced into a replace. Or the new units are much more energy efficient resulting in lower operating costs. These tend to be reasons behind a lot of lighting and projector replacements across property.

Kramerica

I agree.. Cookies? Well I support anything they do to Space Mountain. That way we atleast know they're thinking about it. I hate when a ride goes completley unnoticed. Now would they please get out and pressure wash or repaint the outside? Looks so bad!

devoy1701

Maybe. Or maybe they can no source longer parts for the old units, and were forced into a replace. Or the new units are much more energy efficient resulting in lower operating costs. These tend to be reasons behind a lot of lighting and projector replacements across property.

agreed. That's a better stance than getting my hopes up.

rodserling27

How about turning the music back up to an AUDIBLE level before anything else....what a shame that I haven't been able to hear it on my last two trips!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ amen. They go cheap, make a huge fuss about the second best audio system, then less than a year later it's inaudiable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

SPACE MOUNTAIN:

There was a permit filed for Space Mountain back in February for Buena Vista Construction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Odd. The 2009 refurb had a full star field fx plus animated projection package. One can hope its either being plussed further or the TTA path is being worked on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom