Space Mountain & TTA Update

Exactly.:D

Kinetics! I'm hoping this leaks over onto SM, too...If you get my drift. Hello, DL Lighting package.:lol:

When I had my first trip to DL this pass July, I saw those lights and it's awesome. Obviously there mountain is smaller and easier, just like there castle lighting which is AWESOME. Our castle and mountain are bigger and would be more work to do, but it would look great.

EPCOT Explorer

When I had my first trip to DL this pass July, I saw those lights and it's awesome. Obviously there mountain is smaller and easier, just like there castle lighting which is AWESOME. Our castle and mountain are bigger and would be more work to do, but it would look great.

Right...But looking at our mountain, we have more "ridges" or spaces....Imagine a spotlight in each of those! The effect would be stunning.

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
While there are different color lights, they have been the same colors. The ones at the station have been pink/purple everytime I've seen them over the past couple of days, same with the white ones along the track. It can't be confirmed until somone actually sees them change.

Rob562

Yeah, thats what I thought, or as the train passes it changes colors, ooooo, that would look insane.

Hey, that was my idea! ;)

They may not be doing this much of an extensive job, but perhaps they're using the LED lights to double as work/emergency evac lights? This way they can be colors (whether changing or not) during normal operation, but switch to full-on white when necessary...

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just did a quick cost comparison and it does not look like the color changing LED are drastically more expensive that the one color models. It is certianly possible that they simply decided to go with the multi-color ones for future flexibility.

EPCOT Explorer

I just did a quick cost comparison and it does not look like the color changing LED are drastically more expensive that the one color models. It is certianly possible that they simply decided to go with the multi-color ones for future flexibility.

So wait to have them color change?:dazzle:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So wait to have them color change?:dazzle:
I am guessing that it could be a "It won't cost much more to use the color changing lights so lets go ahead and put them in. We will figure out a use for them later" situation. Of course this is just a guess. They very well might have a plan for them but if the prices I saw were at all relative to what lights are actually installed there then I can't really see a reason not to install the color changing LED's.

EPCOT Explorer

I am guessing that it could be a "It won't cost much more to use the color changing lights so lets go ahead and put them in. We will figure out a use for them later" situation. Of course this is just a guess. They very well might have a plan for them but if the prices I saw were at all relative to what lights are actually installed there then I can't really see a reason not to install the color changing LED's.

Makes sense...But it would be pretty easy to synch them up to change as the cars pass.:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay, what we need here is a good old dose of Martin.
I`m here :D

The TTA speakers do NOT eminate any music. Purely chimes and spiels. They havn`t done since 1993. The Tland loops are quite loud in places and may be confused with onride audio.

MousDad

The TTA speakers do NOT eminate any music. Purely chimes and spiels. They havn`t done since 1993. The Tland loops are quite loud in places and may be confused with onride audio.

Yep, I just listened to a complete TTA ride through. I heard the track that I heard earlier today, at various points in and out after Space Mountain. It must have been labeled as such on DTunes because you can hear it prominently from the TTA. But apparently it is not a "TTA soundtrack," and as such I stand corrected.

EPCOTPluto

The TTA speakers do NOT eminate any music. Purely chimes and spiels. They havn`t done since 1993.
The Tland loops are quite loud in places and may be confused with onride audio.
The EPCOT City & IYHW Tunnels come to mind....

And thank you for confirming what I thought. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The WEDway speaker system did used to play a soundtrack from all speakers, with the narration played from specific speakers at the right time; 1975 saw Jack Wagner give his spiel, and in 1985 when Edison Electric pulled out ORAC-1 took over. Both spiels played over Disneylands Monorail song.

EPCOT Explorer

Ahhhhhhhhh...Interesting. It seems that this is about to change, though!:D
The WEDway speaker system did used to play a soundtrack from all speakers, with the narration played from specific speakers at the right time; 1975 saw Jack Wagner give his spiel, and in 1985 when Edison Electric pulled out ORAC-1 took over. Both spiels played over Disneylands Monorail song.

Wish they still did, I like that song.

That's right! And yes, it is a good song. Very catchy.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I like it. Yes, lets do put them in. :D

Interesting #1

Interesting #2

Thanks for sharing.

EPCOTPluto

OK, so I went to the MK yesterday, thanks to a long-awaited planning to go since July 4th. And no, it's not a response to EE's TR. :lookaroun

I probably will write a TR in my blog.... And maybe not.

So around Tomorrowland, I was able to look around and see the changes here & there.

For one thing, I noticed that the TTAs were aligned in bunches around the overhead track. I secretly was hoping for a Soft Opening before arriving. :eek: And I also saw the new lighting turned on. It wasn't as bright as I thought it would be, and hope that the usual yellowish lighting would change in the future. Otherwise, I didn't see any other change for the TTA.

Secondly, I was able to take a peek behind the walls at SM. I was near a speaker and the Tomorrowland Speedway, when few CMs were walking in my direction. I did not thought much about it, but from the corner of my eye, I saw them open up the grey door some 12 feet away from where I stood. When they had their heads turned inside, I obliged to peek in as well. But don't get that excited. The purple FP kiosks, the orange poles and the entrance still looked the same as the last time seen before the whole area was walled up further in TL. Perhaps if there will be exterior work, it could be later now. I just didn't see any changes.

Thirdly, the Skyway station and SSC stage were somewhat depressing to look at. The waterfall was turned off, the stage still played the futuristic advertisement loop; in fact, I didn't see any visible changes that day. :shrug: It seemed to be more plausible that SSC was being protected from Skyway work...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom