Space Mountain & TTA Update

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Generally, area CMs will know little about a project of this scope in this style; the facility is usually passed to WDI who become `owners` for the duration and operate a lock down to local staff.

So far as I know, the support rig is being strengthened, and most of the track replaced. As per the other hundered SM threads.

EPCOT Explorer

Generally, area CMs will know little about a project of this scope in this style; the facility is usually passed to WDI who become `owners` for the duration and operate a lock down to local staff.

So far as I know, the support rig is being strengthened, and most of the track replaced. As per the other hundered SM threads.

So....No new soundtrack? *whew!*

And I guess we still have the LEDS....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
And yet another SM thread goes down in flames.....

171-0617221550-in_flames.jpg
Almost. It seems to be saved for now. :D

Didnt school start back... ahhh, there we go.

If they change the music, I'm fine with that. If they change the "*bing-bing-bing* Now approaching, Space Mountain. Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy," I will be severly depressed.
Ditto. I also like Paging Tom Morrow bit. I hope that stays as well. I dont care of they record it over and add to it, just keep the basic premise.

aladdin2007

So....No new soundtrack? *whew!*

And I guess we still have the LEDS....

Martin was referring to Space Mountain I believe, not peoplemover. I wonder though if they are keeping the same name Tomorrowland Transit Authority or maybe going back to The People Mover? I like both, but have always called it the people mover.

EPCOT Explorer

Martin was referring to Space Mountain I believe, not peoplemover. I wonder though if they are keeping the same name Tomorrowland Transit Authority or maybe going back to The People Mover? I like both, but have always called it the people mover.

Ahh...

And yeah, I think TTA name is staying. Why wouldn't it?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ahh...

And yeah, I think TTA name is staying. Why wouldn't it?
I would still refer to it as the TTA. They wouldnt change it unless TL got a HUGE overhaul in the theme department (much like DL's did, although, to my knowledge no names changed, but that is the scope im refering too).

i would be a little devastated if they changed the TTA soundtrack. well, as long as they keep the tom morrow and the star tunnel. when it says now arriving at space mountain, tomorrowlands gateway to the galaxy, and it gets dark and you hear that star tunnel music. thats the magic of disney world to me. since i was a kid thats what made my trip to magic kingdom. :)

MousDad

Who is the narrator on the TTA? I love his voice!

Peter Renaday, whose park legacy also includes Henry the Bear in CBJ, the voice of Lincoln in Great Moments and HOP (not sure about new version), Captain Nemo in 20K, Mark Twain on the Riverboat.

LilMommyBug

I really hope it's not true that they have changed the narration. The *ding ding ding* and the Now approaching are what makes the TTA for me. :(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That line is most assuredly from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, not Star Tours.

FAIL
There is a page for Tom Morrow while in the queue for Star Tours. Weather is is the exact same line as uses on the TTA I am unsure of but a Tom Morrow page is in the Star Tours queue

EDIT the page is referenced on All ears.

While waiting in line at Star Tours, there are several humorous pages announced: 1) one page is for "Egroeg Sacul", which is "George Lucas" spelled backwards; 2) another page is for Mr. Tom Morrow, a pun on the word "tomorrow," which is also used several other places in Disney parks. (For example, on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority in the Magic Kingdom, a feminine voice pages Tom Morrow as you leave the Carousel of Progress area.); 3) a final page calling, "Will the owner of the speeder with the license number THX 1138 please move their vehicle, you are in a no hover zone." THX 1138 is significant in that it's the name of the first movie that George Lucas ever made.

And on Wookipedia.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Morrow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom