Space Mountain track replacement questions

I wish I was allowed to comment, but I am prohibited from doing so. Yes, the coaster was in "danger" of "sorts" but it's sad it takes something like that to catch them to do something. (Again, notice I have word things lightly here..

Is anyone else tired with all this cloak and dagger BS about what happened to DL's SM to make it close.

Say or don't say, but this "I know a secret" stuff is childish. (and Pirate, this isn't aimed only at you).

epcotWSC

Is there any new info about the scope of this refurb? Seems that there hasn't been much space mountain talk in here for a week now.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Is anyone else tired with all this cloak and dagger BS about what happened to DL's SM to make it close.

Say or don't say, but this "I know a secret" stuff is childish. (and Pirate, this isn't aimed only at you).
Be careful there... dont bite the hand that feeds us. It might be Cloak and Dagger, but at least we get something.

:wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Is there any truth (SM DL) to the story that CAL-Osha showed up, inspected the ride and shut it down on the spot?
Not to my knowledge. The...um....main incident occurred only with DL staff present.
CAL-Osha was possibly called in and confirmed that the ride could not operate for guests.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Not to my knowledge. The...um....main incident occurred only with DL staff present.
CAL-Osha was possibly called in and confirmed that the ride could not operate for guests.
So, I can only imagine the event:

CM1: Did you hear that?
CM2: Yeh

*goes to investigate*

CM1: Huh, what is that big piece of metal sitting on the floor?
CM2: Track? Think we ought to tell someone?
CM1: I dont know, this happens all the time right?

Lee

Adventurer
So, I can only imagine the event:
CM1: Did you hear that?
CM2: Yeh
*goes to investigate*
CM1: Huh, what is that big piece of metal sitting on the floor?
CM2: Track? Think we ought to tell someone?
CM1: I dont know, this happens all the time right?

Oddly...that's not too far off....:lookaroun

jmvd20

To put it very generally....parts started falling off the ride.

What is the problem with that? All they needed to do was get some of those nifty little plastic drawers, label them "miscellaneous parts".

As an added bonus the next time somone needed a bolt they could spend an hour or so looking through the parts drawers - only to find there was not a single one that was the right size...

Lee

Adventurer
My understanding was that the track would have likely collapsed had they ran it that day with guests.
Probably not collapsed entirely...
You ever seen on Roller Coaster Tycoon when a train derails and little peeps go flying everywhere. That's kinda what the were afraid of.:eek:

GothMickey

You ever seen on Roller Coaster Tycoon when a train derails and little peeps go flying everywhere. That's kinda what the were afraid of.:eek:

And what is stopping that from happening at Space Mountain in WDW? If new tracks and new supports are not going in, then we are left with the same old track. I think that can spell danger.

RSoxNo1

Yep... all the time. So you're saying that everyone holding a balloon at that time would have lost their balloons? That would have been devastating.

Animaniac93-98

It's funny when it flies into a ferris wheel and both explode. :lol:

Good thing there's no ferris wheel in SM. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom