Space Mountain track replacement questions

Mr.EPCOT

As to your suggestion about bringing in World Showcase themed hotels, I don't know if you are aware of it but that was part of the concept for Westcot in Anaheim (you'd have had hotels towering over the international areas of the park, also serving as a berm to block the outside world that seeps into DCA)

Oh, I'm aware, all right! I would venture a guess that DLR would be making a lot more money right now if they had built WestCOT instead of California Adventure.

It's funny when it flies into a ferris wheel and both explode. :lol:

Good thing there's no ferris wheel in SM. :lookaroun

No way, I'll totally have to try that one! Have you ever set a drop ride fast enough to shoot up off of the top of the tower and the ride vehicles explodes when it makes it back down?

hokielutz

It's funny when it flies into a ferris wheel and both explode. :lol:

Good thing there's no ferris wheel in SM. :lookaroun

Well there are the Astro Orbiters.... but I'm thinking about it flying off the tracks... through the room of SM... and over into the center stage of the CoP.

"there's a great big beautiful tomor- CRASH!!"

hokielutz

Oh, I'm aware, all right! I would venture a guess that DLR would be making a lot more money right now if they had built WestCOT instead of California Adventure.

No way, I'll totally have to try that one! Have you ever set a drop ride fast enough to shoot up off of the top of the tower and the ride vehicles explodes when it makes it back down?

I've tried linear induction takeoffs... with a hill to get some height... then add in acceleration induction tracks right before an open ended track that destroys another coaster I had setup nearby.

Absolutely beautiful mayhem!

Mr.EPCOT

I've tried linear induction takeoffs... with a hill to get some height... then add in acceleration induction tracks right before an open ended track that destroys another coaster I had setup nearby.

Absolutely beautiful mayhem!

You know what could be quite wonderful, would be to set up a whole domino effect of destruction, like placing several unfinished roller coasters in a circle so that they all destroy each other at roughly the same time.

hokielutz

You know what could be quite wonderful, would be to set up a whole domino effect of destruction, like placing several unfinished roller coasters in a circle so that they all destroy each other at roughly the same time.

That would require a healthy bit of coordination for start times, length of each coaster, making sure the last coaster started wouldn't be destroyed by a crash before it gets out of the blocks... etc. And then you have to deal with the MS Windows XP, and hope it doesn't blow the performance of this spectical.

Mr.EPCOT

That would require a healthy bit of coordination for start times, length of each coaster, making sure the last coaster started wouldn't be destroyed by a crash before it gets out of the blocks... etc. And then you have to deal with the MS Windows XP, and hope it doesn't blow the performance of this spectical.

Well, then, good thing I have an iMac! :D

It'd take a lot of work, but possibly well worth the effort.

Lee

Adventurer

Go to You Tube and search for RCT crash. Some folks have staged some very elaborate crashes.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom