Space Mountain/Tomorrowland Transit Authority update...

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Greetings from Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ! I have some items of interest for you from the PeopleMover...

-The classic blue Space Mountain sign entering the Mountain has been replaced with a new sign with the lime green version of the current logo.

-There are new graphics inside the Mountain in the windows that are blocked off, similar to the big banner that's been hanging above the TTA. They announce 'FLIGHTS RE-ZOOMING WINTER 2009.'

-There's a large circular something being erected in the middle of the space between the arcade, Space Mountain queue entrance, and former Skyway building. Looks like it could very easily be a fountain.

Sorry for no pictures, all of them came out blurry!

WDWFigment

Sounds like pretty good news. I think some will be disappointed about the retro Space sign being removed, but I don't think that's anything but nostalgia talking.

Expo_Seeker40

Agreed, the old sign didn't fit in anymore, but it was nice to have something original from when Space Mountain opened. RIP old sign. :eek:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yes, it is nostalgia, but then again, it really would feel out of place with the other logo style everywhere else.

I did see a big circle of dirt last week in front of the arcade, but didn't know what they were doing...interesting

bayoutinkbelle

I shot these earlier today (Thursday). Thought I'd share, for what it's worth ...

pii1fk0bjm.jpg

ja1vvt3mxx.jpg

cv0s9jcue8.jpg

6ntc2e3e6b.jpg

Main Street USA

Thanks for those pics!

Loving whatever they're making in the middle of the new outdoor roomy area. Fountain or planter...either way it will be a nice addition.

hpyhnt 1000

Eh, I'm really okay with the old blue sign disappearing. I never liked it anyway; I never understood what was so great with the bland all-caps block logotype. :shrug:

Out of curiosity, does the sign only say, "Space Mountain" now, or is the phrase, "A Journey Through Time And Space" still incorporated somewhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom