Space Mountain: The Movie

marchofthecards

Yes but which Space Mountain?

Hi -

If you are talking about the regular Space Mountains US and Tokyo, then no, however, dont forget that the one in Disneyland Paris is already based on a popular story! "From the Earth to the Moon" by Jules Verne.

Space Mountain at DLP is themed around the 1900s and the Baltimore Gun Club and their attempts to send a projectile to the moon. Hence why you blast off out of a huge canon to the top of the mountain to begin your journey. You don't quite make the moon, almost touching it before your fall back to earth. The dramatic ride musical score can be downloaded off Kazzaa etc and is fantastic! Is a must for every Disney theme park music collector!

So although old black & White versions of this story have been done, Disney should consider their version of it, though it isn't their own, it would be another way of tying a movie to a ride....

Later

Simes

meanmice

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Your point being?

POTC has a great story line and they didn't even use it in the movie!

Space Mountain could be easily turned into a movie...

I don't want to say that it's impossible, but I don't see it. What do you think the movie could be about? What type of story do you see in it that would make it different from any other space movie?

As for MarchoftheCards' coment about DLP, I was not aware that there was a story beind their version of space mountain. I'm sure a disney remake of this story would do well as a film since it's already a proven success.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Yes, Space Mountain would never work, seeing it does not have a storyline

The lack of storyline has never been a hurdle to movie makers in the past. Thats why were force fed all these damn sequels.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by meanmice
What type of story do you see in it that would make it different from any other space movie?

It wouldn't be any different...

But lots of movie are alike and still have huge successes!
Example:
POTC: nothing different than a usual pirate film but it's still great! (at least IMO)

TURKEY

It wouldn't be any different...

But lots of movie are alike and still have huge successes!
Example:
POTC: nothing different than a usual pirate film but it's still great! (at least IMO)

When is the last time there was a pirate movie?

How many other pirate themed rides other than POTC? I don't know, but I don't hear of many.It seems that Pirates is a fairly unique ride, thus having it's name on a movie makes it stand out from other pirate films that there aren't that many of.

As far as Space movies, you've got many Sci-Fi movies and nothing really to make SM to stand out.

Those that have been to SM in Florida or California would be less likely to go to a movie based on the ride because there is no theme to it other than space. Those without any knowledge of the POTC film would be more likely to go to it than SM because it could be based on the ride, that has a more identifiable story to it.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
When is the last time there was a pirate movie?

How many other pirate themed rides other than POTC? I don't know, but I don't hear of many.It seems that Pirates is a fairly unique ride, thus having it's name on a movie makes it stand out from other pirate films that there aren't that many of.

As far as Space movies, you've got many Sci-Fi movies and nothing really to make SM to stand out.

Those that have been to SM in Florida or California would be less likely to go to a movie based on the ride because there is no theme to it other than space. Those without any knowledge of the POTC film would be more likely to go to it than SM because it could be based on the ride, that has a more identifiable story to it.

I give up!

Don't shoot me......... :cry: :cry:

I just thought it was a good idea...

imagineer boy

Your point being?

POTC has a great story line and they didn't even use it in the movie!

Actually, they do. They have the cursed treasure story that's used more in DL's version. Plus they use many of the characters to make cameos. There are hardly any characters in Space Mountain.

Wannabe Walt

I acutally started a Big Thunder Mountain movie script. I haven't got very far with it. So far, though, it is pretty good. it is called "The Legend of Big Thunder Mountain". I don't think a Space Mountain movie would work, but some of the others that have been named would.

Jungle Cruise, El Rio de Tempo, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Alien Encounter, MISSION:SPACE, Universe of Energy (maybe), (sumthin with the theme or story of) Living Seas, Tower of Terror, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, the story behind Pleasure Island, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Originally posted by Captain Cab
My thoughts exactly!
Why focus on a ride without a story when there are plenty of other popular rides that can be made into excellent movies?

I'm saying "Let's come up with a story!" If we can come up with a story and call it Space Mountain, it may be a successful film!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Originally posted by Wannabe Walt
I acutally started a Big Thunder Mountain movie script. I haven't got very far with it. So far, though, it is pretty good. it is called "The Legend of Big Thunder Mountain". I don't think a Space Mountain movie would work, but some of the others that have been named would.

I took a couple of advanced screen writing classes in college. This is why I brought the topic up. I think I could write a Space Mountain script. But I just have a big problem before I could start writing... I need a story!!!!!!!!!!! But I'm sure after some brain storming, a story could be developed!

MicBat

Originally posted by WDWspider
Seems like I remember hearing that Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, and Pirates was all that would be made into Major Movies.

Although I want a Jungle Cruise movie.
The African Queen?

TURKEY

Originally posted by reefdood
Expedition Everest. They could release the movie when the attraction opens up. :D

While a movie based on Everest would draw well (I think), I think that it would be best to wait until the ride has been established before releasing a movie based on it.

matt88mph

Actually, once when I was bored in Hebrew School I started writing a story to base a script on for Space Mountain. Since I can't find the paper I'll try to do as much as I can by memory.

Set in the year 2175 (200 years after it originally opened), there once was a member of the Intergallactic Cargo Transport Company named Frederic Exortia (FedEx for short.:animwink: )
He was holding off some hijackers from rival company X-S Tech (yet another :animwink: ) and disappeared into a black hole. Word has reached to his son, Skippy (I don't know why but :animwink: ) of his father's disappearance and he goes off on a cosmic quest to find him. Kind of like Finding Nemo in reverse.

Here are two quick :animwink: 's.

FedEx and Skippy live in the Rockettower Plaza Section of the space station Brava Centauri.

Hope you like it.

epcotfan

Originally posted by DMC-12
I wanna see a "Churro Cart, The Movie!"*.

It can be a buddy Flick... Mel Gibson can be the Churro selling CM, and Danny Glover can be the older veteran who is thinking about getting out of the churro business because "He is getting too old for this ____"

A mad chase scene ensues.... and Glover crashes his churro cart into Its a Small World into a firey ball of inferno.
*"Churro Cart, The Movie!" Is a registered and trademarked movie with the Writers Guild of America, by: DMC-12.

:lol: :lol: :lol: .

Hey how about a movie for Ice Station Cool ?

:lookaroun :p :king:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by epcotfan
:lol: :lol: :lol: .

Hey how about a movie for Ice Station Cool ?

:lookaroun :p :king:

lol... Yes, and Walt can have a cameo as the "guy in the ice" :lol: :p

I think that Space Mountain could definitely be made into a movie. With space there is an infinite amount of...er...well.......space to write with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom