Space Mountain: The Movie

meeko_33785

I think Space Mountain could definatly be made into a movie. make it about a bunch of astronauts on the Space Station: Mountain who must go on a thrilling space adventure to save... something or other. Now the real question would be would it be a good and/ or sucessful movie. I can say one thing- a Space Mountain movie wouldn't make me want to shell out the money to go to the movies.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Originally posted by meeko_33785
I think Space Mountain could definatly be made into a movie. make it about a bunch of astronauts on the Space Station: Mountain who must go on a thrilling space adventure to save... something or other. Now the real question would be would it be a good and/ or sucessful movie. I can say one thing- a Space Mountain movie wouldn't make me want to shell out the money to go to the movies.

Finally, someone coming up with real ideas! The idea that I have been playing with focuses on a point in the future, when we have a base on the moon... astronauts, while climbing a mountain on the moon, find an alien artifact. Something unexpected happens with the mountain and the artifact that begins the space adventure somehow,

marchofthecards

Jungle Cruise is already based on a movie

Someone just mentioned above 'The african Queen', well that inspried the Jungle Cruise. They tell you this on the keys to the kingdom tour :)

Si

Originally posted by PeterAlt
Finally, someone coming up with real ideas! The idea that I have been playing with focuses on a point in the future, when we have a base on the moon... astronauts, while climbing a mountain on the moon, find an alien artifact. Something unexpected happens with the mountain and the artifact that begins the space adventure somehow,

Cough....ripoff.....Cough....Total Recall????

GServo84

I just thought: how would you have a MOUNTAIN in SPACE? Sorry for the emphasis, just trying to make my point. That would be difficult.

FigmentJedi

My idea for a JII movie: Set in recent years, Dreamfinder has dissapeared somewhere deep in a faraway land. Figment takes the old Dreamvehicle for a spin and sets off on a journey around the world and into the imagination to find Dreamfinder. Special DVD features include all 3 versions of JII, a Montage of old Imageworks films including interactive games based on old Imageworks stuff, History of the pavillion, the educational films with Fig and DF, and pretty much anything related to JII.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
Cough....ripoff.....Cough....Total Recall????

Ummm... no.

Perhaps you're a little hung up on the alien artifact part .... one common element does not a "ripoff" make.

raven

Originally posted by PeterAlt
With Pirates and Haunted Mansion movies already made, it is only logical that Disney make a Space Mountain movie! That would really be awesome! Does anyone have any inside info of whether or not the company has at least discussed this idea? And if yes, what possibly could its storyline be about?

Oh god. Let's just do a Tea Cup movie while we are at it.

Heyyall

Originally posted by Wannabe Walt
I acutally started a Big Thunder Mountain movie script. I haven't got very far with it. So far, though, it is pretty good. it is called "The Legend of Big Thunder Mountain". I don't think a Space Mountain movie would work, but some of the others that have been named would.

Jungle Cruise, El Rio de Tempo, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Alien Encounter, MISSION:SPACE, Universe of Energy (maybe), (sumthin with the theme or story of) Living Seas, Tower of Terror, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, the story behind Pleasure Island, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach.

Are you kidding me? What would a movie about the Universe of Energy be about? And Pleasure Island? And those would work any better than Space Mountain? Let's be realistic, most of the movies have NO story line. And why would you want to turn all of these rides into stupid movies? Disney is about coming out with movies like The Lion King, real movies, with REAL story lines. Could you imagine how boring it would get if Disney came out with a movie for 20 different rides? Please. :brick:

And why is everyone so into this space mountain movie? Space Mountain is an amazing ride, but it's a rocket going around in space? What would the movie be about? Im sorry, but I see NO story here at all.

raven

Originally posted by Heyyall
Are you kidding me? What would a movie about the Universe of Energy be about? And Pleasure Island? And those would work any better than Space Mountain? Let's be realistic, most of the movies have NO story line. And why would you want to turn all of these rides into stupid movies? Disney is about coming out with movies like The Lion King, real movies, with REAL story lines. Could you imagine how boring it would get if Disney came out with a movie for 20 different rides? Please. :brick:

And why is everyone so into this space mountain movie? Space Mountain is an amazing ride, but it's a rocket going around in space? What would the movie be about? Im sorry, but I see NO story here at all.

It's true. If Disney keeps making movie about the attractions like you want them too, that would mean they are at a dead end for ideas. Keep the new ones coming.

Heyyall

Thank you raven.
Don't complain about stupid sequels if all you want is stupid movies about rides.
New ideas would be better than movies about rides with no story line.

WDWhumanmap

now i think i heard it all when there is the stupidiest idea for a space mountain ride i mean there are better rides out there i mean they have to be kidding there was something called the tower of terror movie might i remind them that was a j/k in itself:lol:
i mean lets face it some things are ment to be rides and somethings are ment to be movies

1stStarIC2nite

A Space Mountain movie would be bad. I agree with all the people who say there is no storyline. And another thing.... there are no mountains in space, so that's already a bad title to use for something that you have to make the storyline for. I would hope they wouldn't do this though. Btw, getting off track but, what other rides could Disney make a movie on???

WDWhumanmap

could we get off making rides into movies they are 2 sepreate things leave them that way just like there are 2 types of people park and movie people as coming from a park person i hate the movies except for one and thats lilo and stitch but how can you not it was done at WDW anyways i am getting off track i am a park and only park person and i am tired of lets make movies out of rides just so we can have both sides happy its making me more ed not happy there is much more than rides to make movies about

1stStarIC2nite

I sort of agree... I've heard bad reviews from 2 out of the 3 Disney-ride movies...... of course the one that wasn't was Pirates. That was totally the best movie ever to me... and now they are making 2 more... bahahahahaha

Heyyall

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
I sort of agree... I've heard bad reviews from 2 out of the 3 Disney-ride movies...... of course the one that wasn't was Pirates. That was totally the best movie ever to me... and now they are making 2 more... bahahahahaha

Yesss...POTC was the besttttt

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom