Space Mountain/Skyway Update (10/7)

epcot85

On the subject of the skyway building, wouldn't the roof make a pretty cool spot for a fireworks launcher to be used for special event shows, much like the perimeter fireworks...looks like the walls around the roof may be high enough to hide people and fireworks equipment.

jt04

On the subject of the skyway building, wouldn't the roof make a pretty cool spot for a fireworks launcher to be used for special event shows, much like the perimeter fireworks...looks like the walls around the roof may be high enough to hide people and fireworks equipment.

Yes.

Rob562

It`d need one hell of an exclusion zone though.

Yeah... Let's take one of the park's big E-tickets and take it out of commission for a couple hours every time there's a hard ticket event... :lookaroun
(Plus the TTA, plus the bathrooms, plus the CoP, plus probably the Astro Orbiters)

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

I'll be going to EPCOT in a couple of days.
:sohappy:
I would be nice if we got AA astronauts AND mission control techs in the side control rooms as well.

There MUST be several older AA's left over from the Spaceship Earth upgrade they could use to plus the lift hill area.
I think all of those are/were in the post show, Per Mr. Smith.

:shrug: Why?

Mr.EPCOT

I had a thought today while at Hollywood Studios... the mystery box on the ceiling of Space Mountain we're wondering about looks somewhat similar to the fireworks effects boxes on the ceiling of the Muppet*Vision theater...

PhotoDave219

The perimeter fireworks spot is launched from the other side of SM, out by the road.

I had a thought today while at Hollywood Studios... the mystery box on the ceiling of Space Mountain we're wondering about looks somewhat similar to the fireworks effects boxes on the ceiling of the Muppet*Vision theater...

So does this mean they will be launching fireworks from the top of Space Mountain? Is this even possible? If so, it would be awesome!

kingslyZISSOU

Maybe they'll just be launching fireworks downward into the mountain for realism. Actual star projection. That would explain all the goggle rumors?...:shrug:

RobParr77

:sohappy:Just returned from 3 weeks at disney and I spoke to cast member and he said they are putting a loop in space mountain....went on TTA and the lights were on but u couldnt see much....the roof could do with a lick of paint!!!!

Just got back from WDW myself and from the look of SM there is no way they are putting in a loop. When DL replaced the entire track for their SM it took 2 years and they had to cut a huge whole in the wall and lover the floor to get the old steel out and the new in. Im sure some CM would have already let slip the massive amounts of steel just laying around. However if you want to ride a SM with loops in it got to Paris and ride their SM, it has the same ride system that the Aerosmith ride has over in DHS.

Lee

Adventurer
However if you want to ride a SM with loops in it got to Paris and ride their SM, it has the same ride system that the Aerosmith ride has over in DHS.
Incorrect.
Other than the fact both have inversions and were built by Vekoma....they are not at all similar.

Mr.EPCOT

Maybe they'll just be launching fireworks downward into the mountain for realism. Actual star projection. That would explain all the goggle rumors?...:shrug:

Goggle rumors?

Seriously, people, the fireworks bit isn't important. The point is that it's possible that the mystery box is an effects surface like what is in use at Muppet*Vision. I would imagine that it could very easily create an image of a galaxy or something.

Just got back from WDW myself and from the look of SM there is no way they are putting in a loop. When DL replaced the entire track for their SM it took 2 years and they had to cut a huge whole in the wall and lover the floor to get the old steel out and the new in. Im sure some CM would have already let slip the massive amounts of steel just laying around. However if you want to ride a SM with loops in it got to Paris and ride their SM, it has the same ride system that the Aerosmith ride has over in DHS.

Well, yeah, there isn't even any speculation that there will be a loop. Haven't you seen any of the many pictures that have come out of the Mountain since the TTA reopened, showing the track exactly the same as it has always been? Even before that, we've known that nothing like a loop was happening.

EPCOT Explorer

^^^

The Cake is a Lie?:lookaroun

Oooh, that would be fun! Real shooting stars! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom