Space Mountain refurbishment photo update (Thur 5 Nov)

WDWiz318

The Space Mountain refurb looks awesome in the photos. Liking all the new colors and minor additions. Can't wait to check it out next year! As far as the old Skyway Station building (bathroom) goes, I know they did exterior & cosmetic work. I just hope they refurbished the inside as well.

hoke2007

Wow, I haven't seen so many people complain about something so insignificant in my life. What did you expect them to do? I think it's safe to say that some of you have expectations set unreasonably high.

Don't get me wrong, I expect a lot out of Disney. I've been a Disney geek ever since I was a little kid and I only want the very best at WDW. But to get all worked up over a planter is insane.

And the connection to walmart is crazy. What is the big deal with planters? There are tons of them all over WDW. They spruce up the surrounding area. Sure, a nice fountain would've been really nice. But I'd rather see a planter than just pavement. But maybe they should remove all the pavement and replace it with something that would satisfy some of the people here. Would you like gold walkways in Fantasyland? What about dirt in Frontierland? That would go with the theme much better than stupid pavement...

SirGoofy

And the connection to walmart is crazy. What is the big deal with planters? There are tons of them all over WDW. They spruce up the surrounding area. Sure, a nice fountain would've been really nice. But I'd rather see a planter than just pavement.

I agree. I like the idea of a planter.

I just think it should look like doo-doo.

Wow, I haven't seen so many people complain about something so insignificant in my life. What did you expect them to do? I think it's safe to say that some of you have expectations set unreasonably high.

Don't get me wrong, I expect a lot out of Disney. I've been a Disney geek ever since I was a little kid and I only want the very best at WDW. But to get all worked up over a planter is insane.

And the connection to walmart is crazy. What is the big deal with planters? There are tons of them all over WDW. They spruce up the surrounding area. Sure, a nice fountain would've been really nice. But I'd rather see a planter than just pavement. But maybe they should remove all the pavement and replace it with something that would satisfy some of the people here. Would you like gold walkways in Fantasyland? What about dirt in Frontierland? That would go with the theme much better than stupid pavement...

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

^To add on, since I can't edit my posts.

I like the idea they put a planter there. It's just ugly.:shrug:

I dont understand how you can judge a freshly planted tree before its even been in the ground for just more than 24hrs?
I know you work at the JC have you visited, or seen it in person?
Just curious because Im not sure how you can say its ugly? Its a tree with bushes?
Im a little disappointed its not more, but its not ugly? Its a planter?
More exotic plants perhaps?

SleepingMonk

I dont understand how you can judge a freshly planted tree before its even been in the ground for just more than 24hrs?
I know you work at the JC have you visited, or seen it in person?
Just curious because Im not sure how you can say its ugly? Its a tree with bushes?
Im a little disappointed its not more, but its not ugly? Its a planter?

Every year for various festivals Disney manages to plant topiary figures that are completely formed and ready to go.

They could have done the same thing with this. It's never going to be more than just a tree in some mulch, and they don't care.

Same here.

I don't care that it's a planter.....I care that it's just a plain old boring planter.

How can a planter not be boring, I ask. More exotic plants? (and without adding statues or a fountain)
Ill wait to judge once I see it in person and once it (the tree and plants) matures. Much like the mountain its in a way still "under construction"

Yea. That's what I'm getting at. It's Tomorrowland. Why not go for something special lookig?

I could go for that, but again it is what it is.

But the planters never look as good as they do when its the flower and garden festival. Yes they have the ability to do it. But honestly when do we see regular planters look like they do at the Flower and Garden festival

SirGoofy

But the planters never look as good as they do when its the flower and garden festival. Yes they have the ability to do it. But honestly when do we see regular planters look like they do at the Flower and Garden festival

DHS is full of 'em, not to mention Epcot's planters are great normally.

Again, I'm not saying this is the end of the world(far from it), but I expect big things from the horticulture department, and this is just...blah.

IWant2GoNow

Maybe they'll place a giant plaque in front of it with a story about how this was the last decidious tree in Tomorrowland and it will stand as a memorial? I can't remember if there are other decidious trees in TL, but I say just name it "The Tomorrow Tree" because no matter what it will always be there tomorrow. :shrug:

I was excited about the possibility of a fountain, but we got a couple planters. Oh well. Life moves on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom