Space Mountain refurbishment photo update (Thur 5 Nov)

sponono88

THIS LOOKS FAMILIAR:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/43/76171190_4853c6fced.jpg?v=0

in a way, this might have been what they were going for, on a smaller scale?

the former Cosmic Waves area is no more. A few months ago it was transformed into a Water Marble Park :eek: it's a seating area with planters, trees, and a giant water marble in the middle.

580420492_Sh4Sh-M.jpg

580420944_w2kSX-M-1.jpg

photo credit goes to Darkbeer

enoe01

I agree, this area will be used as a make shift stroller parking area until the stroller Gnomes come and move the strollers to an unknown stroller parking area halfway across Tomorrowland.

jt04

Ok ill ask for a picture of a "planter"

Thats a main showpiece, or one of the main show pieces of a main show??? Not sure how its putting it in perspective. Yeah the lighthouse is great but thats part of a show, not the area outside of an attraction:shrug:

Not sure why a planter is such a horrible thing?

No, it's not part of the show, it's behind the audience. It's the shows icon. Most major rides have one, such as the giant guitar outside RnRC.

Unless the detailed water feature you speak of is World of Color, this is a planter too. :shrug:

No it is a fountain at the base.

Its near World of Color, The pillar is not even close to a planter, at least IMO:shrug:

That is correst.

The Pillar of Mystery (as it is called) does not have a fountain at its base, rather it has a planter. If a water feature was mentioned, it could only be World of Color. :animwink:

No, I'm fairly certain it is a water feature. At least that is what all the DL web sites are saying.

I still think the SM feature was supposed to be a similar type feature but they ran out of time, money or both. So we got a ridiculous tree.:brick::brick::brick: Everything else looks great otherwise.

sponono88

No, it's not part of the show, it's behind the audience. It's the shows icon. Most major rides have one, such as the giant guitar outside RnRC.

No, I'm fairly certain it is a water feature. At least that is what all the DL web sites are saying.

I still think the SM feature was supposed to be a similar type feature but the ran out of time, money or both. So we got a ridiculous tree.:brick::brick::brick: Everything else looks great otherwise.

at this point nobody is sure what the Pillar Of Mystery will be... We have a new period-specific tower as a topper, but the rest of the structure is still under construction. Although I don't think it will feature a fountain, it's still a very detailed pillar with intricate and sculpted stonework. The PoM is part of a new hub area that will lead guests into the new Paradise themed lands.

I guess I can see the pillar as being the icon for WoC, especially since that whole area was redesigned to accommodate the new show.

I really like the differant patterns of cement they have going around the planter; with the differant colors. It looks a lot better than the regular pavement; it's a nice touch. The shade will have to be nice during the hot hot hot summer season

jt04

I really like the differant patterns of cement they have going around the planter; with the differant colors. It looks a lot better than the regular pavement; it's a nice touch. The shade will have to be nice during the hot hot hot summer season

Yeah will the "shade" won't be happening until well into the future so I guess that is part of the theme. Future shade. :cool:

WDITrent

No it is a fountain at the base.

No... it's a planter. You familiar with the DCA project tracker on MiceChat?

It's a planter.

I like the pavement too. It makes the rest of the colors make sense.

...kind of. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom