Space Mountain refurbishment begins April 19 2009

Enigma

Account Suspended
The less Phil has to do with the Space Mountain Refurb the better I will feel about its outcome. I can easily see his spinless, bottom line, lack of show quality, and not to mention pompous a*# bend at the first sign of guest complaints.

Its kind of hard when phil holmes is in charge of Magic Kingdom. Can't they find somebody better???

tirian

Late '09 is the very earliest...if everything goes extremely well.

I'm still betting on first quarter 2010.
Unless someone in power is dead set on getting it open for Christmas...which...you know....happens....:lookaroun

*cough*SSE*cough*

Captain Chaos

I don't care when it reopens atleast they are working on it

I do and don't care.. I mean, if they close SM on April 19, and reopen it a month later, then something isn't right... But if they open it 9 or 10 months later, I will be hoping for something worth while...

TP2000

But to be fair, it is a Disneyland blog. Pretty much the same as us glossing over DLR news here.

Overall I like Lutz's columns as they pertain to DLR, but I'm with krakenstein, he's not great at WDW.

Al plays to his audience of Southern Californians, and I don't think he really cares about WDW too much. I don't even remember him talking about anything related to WDW, except in passing sentences that help make his point about DCA or DL. If you read the entire section of multiple paragraphs that one WDW half-sentence was pulled from today, you can understand the point he is making about Anaheim. WDW is only mentioned in brief passing about every other update by Al, and only to make a point about Disneyland.

He plays to his audience that doesn't really think much about WDW or anything east of Las Vegas.

Still, it was great news for Disneyland fans. And it is a little odd that in a massive, sprawling property with four parks, the only confirmed thing regarding new rides for 2009-10 is a scaled down rehab to Space Mountain. Yeah, there's new DVC towers being built, and the typical Celebrate campaign stuff going up in all the global parks.

But where are the RIDES? :confused: Is a long overdue Space Mountain rehab really it for '09? No bulldozers moving in to Animal Kingdom or DHS? Where's all the action?!

HMF

If this refurb is not up to Disneyland standards' It will be a dissapointment. They need to get rid of Phil Holmes.

Captain Chaos

But where are the RIDES? :confused: Is a long overdue Space Mountain rehab really it for '09? No bulldozers moving in to Animal Kingdom or DHS? Where's all the action?!

Apparently all the action is down the rode, at SeaWorld (Manta roller coaster) and Univeral (Harry Potter, Rip Rockin Roller Coaster, and the possibility of a Transformers attraction)...

HMF

I have an assignment for anyone who thinks that WDW's Space Mountain does not need a long refurb. Book a flight to Southern California' Go to Disneyland' Ride Space Mountain' then come back and then decide whether we need a refurb or not.

hokielutz

Glad to see something happening here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. In the meantime, I'll be spending a fair amount of time during my February trip getting in the last rides on both SM and TTA. :)

Same here... looking forward to one last hurrah on this version of SM, in only 4 days time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom