Space Mountain Prepare for Takeoff!

matthope03

Original Poster
I just heard this from my boss this morning. His friend is an accountant for WDW. Space Mountain is set for refurb. The results of the questionnaire at Disneyland were so one sided that Disney has decided to put the refurb into full gear. Set to begin in May (after EE is opened) Space Mountain will be closed for an extensive rehab/redo. It is scheduled to be down for two years. Supposedly they are going to be implementing a few other ideas that did not make it into the finished product out in Cali. However, no inversions are scheduled it is anticipated that one can expect an LIM takeoff similar to the launch on The Mummy over at Universal. After takeoff it will be similar to the existing ride with lots of turns and drops throughout a darkened building with the addition of an audio soundtrack throughout all the vehicles similar to Aerosmith and the addition of more special effects to make it feel even more like you are traveling through space. Imagineers are saying that this Space Mountain is their best reconstruction concept. Prepare for takeoff in Spring 2008!

OOPS! Sorry guys I have been in a joking mood all day!:p Just thought I would play a joke on everyone today since everyone is waiting so patiently for a new ride announcement.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Whoa, wait a minute. You can't joke around about stuff like that here, people will complain! :lol:

That was good, BTW. This place can use some humorous threads now and then. :)

matthope03

Original Poster
Thanks HauntedPirate for understanding the humor in it. I was hoping it wouldn't be taken in a negative way and as a fun uplifting thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ouch....

There again you do raise some valid and plausible points. I wonder if WDI are reading this?

Laura

Premium Member
I stopped reading at "I just heard this from my boss this morning. His friend is an accountant for WDW." LOL

Since1976

I knew you were messing with us.

After all, it's common knowledge that Space Mountain is due to be replaced with Hogwarts Castle right after the 7th Harry Potter book comes out.

matthope03

Original Poster
Marni1971 I am glad to hear you like some of my points that I made. Even though it is intended as a joke I did come up with the concept on my own and believe it would be a good concept for the inevitable reconstruction to go off. I wanted to keep the main part of the ride with the turns and dips but I really think the launch would make the ride feel totally different. I believe it would make it feel more like you are taking off and overall make the ride faster which as we all know space travel is thought of as being at high speeds. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own ideas but I am glad to see someone else thinks my idea actually isn't that bad.

brkgnews

I don't mind the joke at all, but I think it would be more appropriate in either the chit-chat or imagineering thread.

coln84

I knew it had to be a joke. Otherwise we would've heard about the tie-in with Cars or someother non-related tomorrowland movie.

Since1976 said:
I knew you were messing with us.

After all, it's common knowledge that Space Mountain is due to be replaced with Hogwarts Castle right after the 7th Harry Potter book comes out.
that would be stupid. and it doesnt fit in with tomorrowland.

Tim G

MickeyMan101 said:
All right who's going to hit him? Me or you?? I got it lets all hit him at once!\
Man, i hate it when people get my hopes up!

MickeyMan101
Talkin' to me??? Ya Talkin' to me????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom