Space Mountain photo and video update (Sat 10 oct) - astronauts removed

Rob562

^ So has the makings of a nice retro-future fountain.

:lookaroun

The interesting thing about this new "dirt circle" is that it's not over top of where the old fountain was, and where the pipes are still sticking up ouf of the dirt from it. You can see where those pipes are, about halfway between the dirt circle and the main sign pillar outside the entrance.

Might still be a fountain, though. Or it's just a planter... (The area can difintiely use some shade now that the Skyway building isn't providing it)

-Rob

EPCOTPluto

Almost - the SSE astros are / were in the postshow. The ones that were on Explorer One are 1975 vintage.
Thank you for the clarification! :wave:

Has it already happened!?:eek::lol: SM looks VERY VERY white from those pictures! Stunning, in fact...
I would think it's just the position of the sun, but...... :lookaroun

The interesting thing about this new "dirt circle" is that it's not over top of where the old fountain was, and where the pipes are still sticking up out of the dirt from it. You can see where those pipes are, about halfway between the dirt circle and the main sign pillar outside the entrance.

Might still be a fountain, though. Or it's just a planter... (The area can definitely use some shade now that the Skyway building isn't providing it)

-Rob
True. But I guess it's rather odd they are still working on that small section. I would think they can add something different as well.

But why does a overhead structure keeps popping into my mind? :lookaroun

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
VERY cool. Hope those figs become AA's. That would be a nice step forward...

Steve, you said you want painting on SM..? Has it already happened!?:eek::lol: SM looks VERY VERY white from those pictures! Stunning, in fact...

No paint or cleaning yet on the mountain, still as dirty as ever.

NMBC1993

Glad I got some good pics of the astronauts before they were removed. I hope they do come back in some form as in the same characters or as AAs. They were a favorite part of the ride for me. I for one don't like the new TTA audio. I am just so use to the old version. As I said before TTA was my second favorite attraction at Magic Kingdom right after Haunted Mansion. I just think this new narration is way too peppy for my taste. But I think I'll be more upset that when Space Mountain re-opens that the star tunnel music is taken out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The dirt circle.... looks to be in the right place for where the old Skyway turnwheel went into the ground. One big lump of concrete that is probably easier to bury than remove.

As for the figures... I was told they could get limited movement - we`ll have to see if they survived the budget cut.

Figment632

The dirt circle.... looks to be in the right place for where the old Skyway turnwheel went into the ground. One big lump of concrete that is probably easier to bury than remove.

As for the figures... I was told they could get limited movement - we`ll have to see if they survived the budget cut.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Expo_Seeker40

If money weren't an issue, it would be nice to not only have the Explorer Astronauts working, but also have some fiber optic fire and spark effect like they are working on reparing the vehicle. (Similar effect used in the American Adventure where one of the Rosies is working on a submarine)

Monorail_Red

That was a good video, but I still don't like the new TTA spiels. Another Disney classic successfully shot.

I can't wait for Space Mountain to re-open. I would like to see what they did with it. I hope that it doesn't become the next Disney classic to be shot as the TTA was.

Skyway

If money weren't an issue, it would be nice to not only have the Explorer Astronauts working, but also have some fiber optic fire and spark effect like they are working on reparing the vehicle. (Similar effect used in the American Adventure where one of the Rosies is working on a submarine)

Neat idea. I'm not quite sure whether or not you would see sparks in the vacuum of space.

I'd love to see them steal those robotic arms from SGE.

As for the astronauts, the idea of them standing upright in such thin spacesuits just LOOKS 1970's.

I think that scene would look more modern with an astronaut in a bulky suit strapped to a robotic arm or hovering in one of those large jetpacks.

They also need to get rid of the 70's-looking blinking computer lights in the "control rooms" and put in modern computer screens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That was a good video, but I still don't like the new TTA spiels. Another Disney classic successfully shot.
For the umpteenth time, it wasn`t a classic. It was the 3rd full version.

Expo_Seeker40

I really hope they replace all the speakers throughout the star corridor and zig zag corridor. So many of them are soft sounding they're so old, or blown out and no longer used.

EPCOTPluto

Taking this with a grain of salt. While they can find a way for some fluidity in them, they can easily slash the idea as well. :(

I really hope they replace all the speakers throughout the star corridor and zig zag corridor. So many of them are soft sounding they're so old, or blown out and no longer used.
I am hoping they don't replace the previous BGM as wee. So much awesomeness... :eek: Yet so much wishful thinking...

EPCOT Explorer

No paint or cleaning yet on the mountain, still as dirty as ever.
Whomever your photographer is did a great job, then. :lol: Mountain looks VERy white.

I would guess that would be last on the list. Perhaps after installing the lights? :shrug:

:lol:
I hope you are right....It is logical, after all. :lookaroun

Maybe a dark, runny, faded, dilapidated Mountain is just a better exterior for Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy?

:)lol:)
/hazsad

Well...Where else could they be?
Does that still work? It had issues last year....

brent2124

I saw the same thing. Looks like the sign under the overhang is complete and it matches the lime green that is trimming the new blue. A lot of the other signs look like they can be easily switched out in the last few days before openeing.
I was there Saturday night and the new sign is up and it does match the new lime green color scheme. However there are still some old orange signs inside the mountain. Sorry no pics:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom