Space Mountain photo and video update (Sat 10 oct) - astronauts removed

magicmaya

I think our SM is getting the same color scheme as Tokyo's. Tokyo's has a light show too. maybe we get one. It also got a new re-entry tunnel...

Iceviper123

I think our SM is getting the same color scheme as Tokyo's. Tokyo's has a light show too. maybe we get one. It also got a new re-entry tunnel...

Tokyo got a lot more then just a light show and tunnel.
Have you seen the ridiculously awesome alien spaceship they have? :D
Here's hoping we may get a new re-entry tunnel...:(

kcnole

Where, on the TTA? I hope they change, but knowing Disney, they won't notice.

When you go into the tunnel for Space Mountain on TTA, the old orange signs are still there on the walls same as have always been. I too hope those get replaced to match the new ones. I really like the lime green.

wolf359

I'm more concerned for the vintage 1975 blue SPACE MOUNTAIN sign right before you enter the tunnel...I'd really prefer they leave that one alone.

I'm fine with the other logos being changed from orange to green, but I don't think those big block letters would look all that hot in lime green.

EPCOT Explorer

It has been said that this refurb was to be Tokyo-Esque...:shrug:
I'm more concerned for the vintage 1975 blue SPACE MOUNTAIN sign right before you enter the tunnel...I'd really prefer they leave that one alone.

I'm fine with the other logos being changed from orange to green, but I don't think those big block letters would look all that hot in lime green.
Agreed, but mo0re for a historical significance, here. :lol: :eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
VERY cool. Hope those figs become AA's. That would be a nice step forward...

Steve, you said you want painting on SM..? Has it already happened!?:eek::lol: SM looks VERY VERY white from those pictures! Stunning, in fact...
It looks like the fence below the astronauts and above the TTA finally lost some of its dust. Well, it looks like that. Could be the video. Only way to tell is to take a picture with a flash.

That hallway looks like it has a fresh coat of purple.

Thanks for posting the video

Expo_Seeker40

It looks like the
only metallic paint is at the rear of the Explorer Ship. The sides are still white and the cockpit now has green paint patterns along it's sides.

The Disneyland CA Explorer Ship looks really nice in metallic paint.

I wonder if they will remove the 1970s airport vinyl ceiling from the star corridor? They may not. Afterall they kept part of the 1970s queue in DL CA's space mountain intact.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The dirt circle.... looks to be in the right place for where the old Skyway turnwheel went into the ground. One big lump of concrete that is probably easier to bury than remove.

As for the figures... I was told they could get limited movement - we`ll have to see if they survived the budget cut.
Wow. To hold the pressure from the cable plus weight of the car etc, how deep is that cement in the ground. In relation to the dirt circle, how large was the cement for the flywheel?

EPCOT Explorer

It looks like the
only metallic paint is at the rear of the Explorer Ship. The sides are still white and the cockpit now has green paint patterns along it's sides.

The Disneyland CA Explorer Ship looks really nice in metallic paint.

I wonder if they will remove the 1970s airport vinyl ceiling from the star corridor? They may not. Afterall they kept part of the 1970s queue in DL CA's space mountain intact.
It's not a refurb, it's a cleaning.:lookaroun:rolleyes::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom