Space Mountain Mission 2.0

WDWFigment

have they even decided on that yet? I must say, I am encouraged by what I am hearing about the Mansion, though.

See, I think the mansion is a good sign too, because it shows that the park executives are seeing what DL has to offer, and trying to reach that bar. But then part of me is also concerned, because of the finite nature of money. If executives drop more money than originally planned on HM, doesn't that money have to come from somewhere (this was not the case with DL when they were doing their massive improvements, but that was for the park's 50th, we don't have that excuse)? The original budget for Space Mountain is hopefully not the answer to that question.

Lee

Adventurer
If executives drop more money than originally planned on HM, doesn't that money have to come from somewhere .
And they will be dropping more than planned....but it shouldn't hurt Space.
Mansion has proved to have some additional issues that weren't fully forseen, but the budget will likely be simply expanded to cover it.

jt04

From what I have read from different sources, it became clear after the improvements at DL the crowds returned and continue to return. So this may be part of a new paradigm brought about because it has been demonstrated that big budget improvements are proving to be smart business. I hope so anyway:lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
From what I have read from different sources, it became clear after the improvements at DL the crowds returned and continue to return. So this may be part of a new paradigm brought about because it has been demonstrated that big budget improvements are proving to be smart business. I hope so anyway:lookaroun
it'll be interesting to see if the paradigm fits in FL, though. I love that they are doing this, however the updates work very well on DL's Annual Passholder-rich audience. Since WDW is visited mostly by vacationers, will they see a similar increase in profits? It will be interesting to see.

WDWGuide

If there gutting, it will take along time! I remember when SM at DL was down for the rebuild! took forever!

IIRC, that rehab was unanticipated because the track began to fail while the ride was in operation. In other words, they simply weren't ready to do the work they needed to at that time.

KingStefan

Personally I can't see them doing another refurb of the current system. It is incredibly dated technology. I would hope too they would keep it inversion free so anyone can ride it. I like the idea of a single track layout with high capacity "launched" ride vehicles with the emphasis on the special effects. I just hope the budget goes into the building. The ouside looks fine. It needs a complete refurb more than any other attraction at WDW. Fingers crossed. Of course they could always put a log flume ride in there:rolleyes:

I agree with you about the emphasis on special effects. However, they don't have to keep it "inversion free" for it to be everyone-friendly. Look at RRC in MGM. It's got inversion, and it's more everyone-friendly than the present SM by far. And I think a launched SM would be cool.

jt04

I agree with you about the emphasis on special effects. However, they don't have to keep it "inversion free" for it to be everyone-friendly. Look at RRC in MGM. It's got inversion, and it's more everyone-friendly than the present SM by far. And I think a launched SM would be cool.

I didn't know that. Have not ridden SM in years because of it's condition. Too bright, too dated, too bumpy.

DisneyWales

While i love Space Mountain in Paris, i feel that a "tamer" version may be more suitable for florida.

Mission 2 in Paris is my all time favotitre coaster in the world, and im my eyes makes a trip to DLRP worth it alone.

However the MK in florida attracts a much larger 'family' following, there fore i feel a more family friendly version maybe called for.

The layout doesnt bother me, i actually feel its quite thrilling as it is, however the nebula signs in the line, and the show elements are so dated, it needs are face lift to bring it into the new millennium, ideally the next :p , not stuck in the 80's vision of the future.

if they somehow keep the family friendly layout/feel of the current track, but incorporate the effects and soundtrack from mission 2 Paris they would be onto a winner.

If they wanted to please me, then just put mission 2 from paris inside the building.

Lee

Adventurer
IIRC, that rehab was unanticipated because the track began to fail while the ride was in operation.
The rehab wasn't unanticipated, the timing was. It sat untouched for a long time while they waited for the track order to be ready.

If they were gonna gut WDW's, they would have to order the track fairly soon if they hope to have it early in 2008. But, then again, if they were gutting it, the actual tear-out would take a couple months which would buy them some time.

Craigjr93

Sm Rehab

I do agree that SM needs a Rehab Cause you know when you start of in the ride you can see you try to look at the people who are setting everything you can barley see them and i doubt some of the track need cleanning because maybe an accident will happen and it is there fault because they were the ones that never had a rehab. This is coming from a kid.

imagineer boy

SM does need a rehab. It needs newer SFX, updated qeue, and an on-ride musical score would be brilliant. As for the track, well, it could use a new one. It was a pretty rough ride last time I rode it.

I do agree that SM needs a Rehab Cause you know when you start of in the ride you can see you try to look at the people who are setting everything you can barley see them and i doubt some of the track need cleanning because maybe an accident will happen and it is there fault because they were the ones that never had a rehab. This is coming from a kid.

I don't think its to the point where its unsafe...(Disney would not run an attraction hats unsafe) but it is in need of some TLC!

True but they need the time to stop adding rides for a couple of days and get a good look at it.

I think you mean stop the attraction for a few days and survey the track! This is one of the things that maintenance does during the night when the attraction is not running! I'm sure Disney knows the exact condition of SM!

wickedfan07

I've never ridden RRC, so I can't comment on that coaster specifically, but in general, I'm not fond of looping coasters. At least from my point of view, the way to keep the ride classic and very accessible (as it was intended) would be to keep it inversion free. By replacing this version with an inverting coaster, you might place the ride out of reach for some people who had ridden and enjoyed it previously. In other words, try your best to disappoint as few people as possible. If it doesn't get any inversions after refurb, you'll be disappoinbted, but you'll still ride it. If it does get loops, some people will be dissapointed and unable to ride.

Just my two cents. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom