Space Mountain Mission 2.0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That is my point, a minor difference on a ride in the dark all of a sudden seems like a major thing. The funny thing is if they keep it the same I can hear people saying all sorts of things about how much different it is. "Man they must have added a new drop, I dont remember that!" :lol:
the best example of this is when i rode E:E back in september. in line of our second ride, there was a kid behind us that was telling his parents about it and quite frankly scaring the crap out of them. he was saying that in the "dark part" you go upside down 2 times backwards. :rolleyes: if all kids or others had this reaction of the "dark part" id say that the illusion is a success.

DisnFanatic10

I think they need to really remodel the queue and the exit platform. It goes from being in space to being in a room with carpet. I think if you were reentering (sp) you would end up in a space port not a plain room. Just could have more theming I feel.

kcnole

If I were in charge, which I'm not, this would be my plan for fixing SM.

1. The queue must be reworked to be state of the art. Those 1980's illusions just don't cut it anymore. Really make this queue area very engaging and feel like we're really entering a space station loading platform.

2. The track doesn't need to be gutted as I like the layout of SM, but it either needs to be fixed or replaced so that the ride is ultra smooth.

3. The lift hill either needs to become some type of launch hill (which can't be done without changing the entire track) or better yet, use the technology from Everests climb hill to make it very quiet and then use the speed room technology to make it look like we're climbing very fast.

4. Place some nice theming throughout the ride so that its more than just darkness and on ride audio would be a must.

5. Replace the trains and the entry to look much cooler. I absolutely love Tokyo's new trains. I'd say use those.

6. The Post show when it was the RYCA1 Family of tomorrow used to be an attraction in and of itself. In fact people were encouraged to go through the ride even if they weren't going to ride it just to see the post show. The cheesy duct-taped tvs we have now just doesn't cut it. Make a very nice, sci-fi space station or something similar to be a great post show worthy of being an attraction in and of itself again.

That would be my refurb.

DisnFanatic10

I like it! And anything that has anything to do with EE is great! :) I was skeptical but after riding EE I have never been on a coaster like that. Great experience.

Sorry for the gush.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom