Space mountain fun facts

Dragonman

At least one of the original Spaceship Earth astronauts was modified and used in the 1994 FedEx post show for the ride.
8E6E9C5E-D695-47A7-88E3-9CF042272DC2.jpeg
05F72BEF-BF5E-4B4C-8523-AA3845DD0B1E.jpeg

Heppenheimer

Don't take this as gospel, but I seem to recall that the asteroid projection effect on the ceiling (is this still there?) is actually a chocolate chip cookie.

I also remember from one of those old souvenir "Making of Disney World" books that the external design was inspired by Mount Fuji.

danyoung56

Don't take this as gospel, but I seem to recall that the asteroid projection effect on the ceiling (is this still there?) is actually a chocolate chip cookie.

I saw an Imagineer once saying that it's more like the asteroids they designed kinda looked like chocolate chip cookies.

wsmith1978

I saw an Imagineer once saying that it's more like the asteroids they designed kinda looked like chocolate chip cookies.

I first rode SM in 2009 and although many felt the ride was worn down and needed an update, not knowing any better, I absolutely loved every aspect of it including the outdated vintage spacey vibe and the chocolate chip cookie looking asteroid projections on the ceiling. God I miss that. Nothing ever quite feelings like that first trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom