Space mountain fun facts

rickdrat

3p0jsf.jpg

FettFan

That's debatable because it has the biggest fanbase of those coasters. Also Seven Dwarf's Mine Train? Hello?

Seven Dwarfs Mine train didn’t beat me like a half insane Amber Heard wielding a champagne bottle.

Space’s track has been due for an overhaul for the past 20 years, and it still hasn’t happened.

Entire thing needs to be ripped out and replaced.

Raineman

If your arms are long enough, when you are in the strobe tunnel before the lift hill, you can reach up, touch the tunnel and get a nice static shock (happened to me once, won't do it again).

KBLovedDisney

Not a fact, but I have a conspiracy theory that in the queue where all those silver balls are underneath the stairs as you walk in is just a bunch of leftover McDonald's "ball-pit" balls that were painted silver.

Eamethyst

Hello,
Huge space mountain fan here. I was just wondering if you guys know any nice fun facts / details of this ride. Much much love for SM!
Space mountain had seatbelts originally. 5 people use to be able to ride at once. The last seat was built for 2 people. This is going back years. The ride use to have a red strip on the side of rocket.

Eamethyst

Years ago there was a drive-thru McDonald's booth going up the first hill where you could buy a snack.
Umm. I don't believe it was a McDonald's because in the early 2000's Mcdonald's only had a French fri stand located near splash mountain. Disney had a contract with McDonald's only for the French fries. There was a little restaurant area up the hill that sold snacks, hot dogs, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom