• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Space mountain fun facts

Dragonman

At least one of the original Spaceship Earth astronauts was modified and used in the 1994 FedEx post show for the ride.
8E6E9C5E-D695-47A7-88E3-9CF042272DC2.jpeg
05F72BEF-BF5E-4B4C-8523-AA3845DD0B1E.jpeg

Heppenheimer

Don't take this as gospel, but I seem to recall that the asteroid projection effect on the ceiling (is this still there?) is actually a chocolate chip cookie.

I also remember from one of those old souvenir "Making of Disney World" books that the external design was inspired by Mount Fuji.

danyoung56

Don't take this as gospel, but I seem to recall that the asteroid projection effect on the ceiling (is this still there?) is actually a chocolate chip cookie.

I saw an Imagineer once saying that it's more like the asteroids they designed kinda looked like chocolate chip cookies.

wsmith1978

I saw an Imagineer once saying that it's more like the asteroids they designed kinda looked like chocolate chip cookies.

I first rode SM in 2009 and although many felt the ride was worn down and needed an update, not knowing any better, I absolutely loved every aspect of it including the outdated vintage spacey vibe and the chocolate chip cookie looking asteroid projections on the ceiling. God I miss that. Nothing ever quite feelings like that first trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom