Space Mountain Complete with Green Screen Effect

tirian

Original Poster
I stopped by the MK this evening, and the green screen effect is completed inside Space Mountain's exit. Flat panel TVs are mounted amid metal triangles. The effect shows you in three of the four scenes from the exit ramp—everything but the city.

jt04

I stopped by the MK this evening, and the green screen effect is completed inside Space Mountain's exit. Flat panel TVs are mounted amid metal triangles. The effect shows you in three of the four scenes from the exit ramp—everything but the city.

Wow! But how does it rate? Adequate, dazzling, cool, amazing?

tirian

Original Poster
Wow! But how does it rate? Adequate, dazzling, cool, amazing?

Much better than what was there, and it actually fits a story. It doesn't make up for the ride's other problems, but I also noticed the star effect has been realigned, and the ride was pitch black about 6:30. I rode front row and sometimes couldn't see my hand in front my face.

jt04

Much better than what was there, and it actually fits a story. It doesn't make up for the ride's other problems, but I also noticed the star effect has been realigned, and the ride was pitch black about 6:30. I rode front row and sometimes couldn't see my hand in front my face.

Great news, thank you!

EPCOT Explorer

:dazzle:

Oh, the horrific irony.

:lol:

Glad it's on, now. Took them long enough.

Figments Friend

Those dang triangles are takin' over the World ya know....

...and YOU want to go to bed??

:lol:

Space Mountain now....

Well this is perfect timing for me...i will be in town tomorrow and hearing this has made my night.

Thanks for the update!!

Expo_Seeker40

first off, good to see they finished it and can't wait to see it in person next week

have they done anything with robo dog or is he still chilling out at crater canyons waiting for his owner? :lookaroun

triangles....really Disney?more triangles? :eek:

a2grafix

Damn, I'm going to miss that green screen!

Me too. It was a unique effect during by Dec. 11-16 trip to WDW. Reminded me of my place of employment. We have a chroma blue wall and chroma green screen at the TV station for our live hits in the newsroom and in the studio for weather.

Note to self: have to schedule a return trip to Central Florida soon. Make checklist: ride Space Mountain, walk through Potterland, and ride Rip Ride Rockit.

tirian

Original Poster
first off, good to see they finished it and can't wait to see it in person next week

have they done anything with robo dog or is he still chilling out at crater canyons waiting for his owner? :lookaroun

triangles....really Disney?more triangles? :eek:

I didn't notice the dog.

The triangles are mounted to the floor and point up like the spires on top SM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom