Space Mountain closing intermittently in September

Sped2424

It is suspiciously close to the timing for Ghost Galaxy, if WDW wanted to try that Disneyland concept out for Halloween.

Could it be?....

Can't be, from my understanding we don't have the necessary equipment installed in our version of space mountain in order to do this overlay (projection screens, on board audio). You know because nothing says the future than 1975 :D

TP2000

Can't be, from my understanding we don't have the necessary equipment installed in our version of space mountain in order to do this overlay (projection screens, on board audio). You know because nothing says the future than 1975 :D

Oh, of course. Onboard audio. I forgot you can't really do Ghost Galaxy without onboard audio.

But I suppose they could try a different type of Ghost Galaxy without the audio effects. Or at least with different audio coming from along the track as rockets passed by the speakers. Or.... well, maybe not. And here I was getting excited for a big "dome show" a la' Disneyland's Ghost Galaxy on the larger canvas of the WDW Space Mountain dome. :(

Sped2424

Oh, of course. Onboard audio. I forgot you can't really do Ghost Galaxy without onboard audio.

But I suppose they could try a different type of Ghost Galaxy without the audio effects. Or at least with different audio coming from along the track as rockets passed by the speakers. Or.... well, maybe not. And here I was getting excited for a big "dome show" a la' Disneyland's Ghost Galaxy on the larger canvas of the WDW Space Mountain dome. :(

I was starting to think the same thing, maybe in some different way we are going to get our own version? That would be extremely welcomed.

GymLeaderPhil

From what I've heard they may be only operating one side of the Mountain, the short downtime means that crews will be either working on elements where both tracks overlap or where they transition from one to another side.

mickey2008.1

It,s good to see it done over time periods, this allows most going to at least get a dsy withSM.. How I need to change my days around, but at least I'm getting a couple of rides on space somewhere! :)

Goofnut1980

I would like to see if we could get some lighting on it like we have on Cindy's house... LED's could make SM look really cool.

I watched a youtube video of SM with the lights on and WOW. It looks SO dirty inside. It needs a mop!

Adding trim brakes is a terrible idea. I've been on a slow Space Mountain, the one in Japan, and it's not nearly as fun. Don't fix what ain't broke, TDO. Fix the Yeti, Dinosaur, keep Splash in working condition, clean up Maelstrom, etc.

PhotoDave219

I thought they already had trim brakes.

When I got E-stopped on it several years back, they came and manually released the car and we went down on a very very smooth ride to the end. None of the shaking that you usually get on the ride. Based on that I thought that it already has trim brakes on it, to cause some of the effects you experience as you go down the mountain.

Either that or I have played with RCT too many times.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought they already had trim brakes.

When I got E-stopped on it several years back, they came and manually released the car and we went down on a very very smooth ride to the end. None of the shaking that you usually get on the ride. Based on that I thought that it already has trim brakes on it, to cause some of the effects you experience as you go down the mountain.

Either that or I have played with RCT too many times.
These are additional trim brakes.

PhotoDave219

These are additional trim brakes.

Appreciate the clarification.

I think everyone here has heard me talk about my post-concussion issues. Space Mountain is the only Coaster I can ride on a semi-regular basis without symptoms coming back. That being said, I dont have a giant issue with it in its current incarnation. I would rather they not screw with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom