Space Mountain closed for the remainder of the evening

the-reason14

That's the thing, they could have easily kept the classic feel and spirit of the attraction while freshening it up...Just like they did with The HM. :(

Yea, they could have done more I agree. Audio would have been a nice touch. But they didnt, and there's really nothing I can do about that. I'm sure I will love this new version just as much as the old one. Just a few more days till I get to go! Im so excited. :sohappy::sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
First Time Today....

Wife and I finally had the opportunity to ride SM today for the first time since refurb. I'll be positive and say that I like the new queue...I like the new ceilings in load...and I like the ride.

I always get a little urpy on it but I did pretty good this time. And I don't remember that one groin-crunching drop being so strong - wow. And boy was it dark. Maybe I just don't remember it well, but it just seems so much darker. Covering load probably helped a lot.

Other than the few cosmetic changes, and more darkness, it was just good 'ol Space Mountain for me. Not bad, but not better, really.

jerseygirl407

We've been to MK 3 or 4 times since the refurb and Sm has always been down.
Best was week or two before Christmas....think we'll finally get a chance to ride -- CLOSED....trek over to Thunder -- that's closed too and they are telling people, well you can always go ride SM! LOL - try once more on our way out....it was back running w/a 90 min standby.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to ride before our APs expire in November!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are you referring to the back wall of the actual load area queue? If so, I agree. All those black panels with....nothing.
I think he means routing Alpha through the old service corridor behind the switchback area. Why they didn`t use the backmost switchback line like Omega and then the corral as now I don`t know.

disreport

Am I the only one who cannot stand the new color scheme? It just seems so disjointed with the lime green thrown in on the logo and the purple and blue tones in the queue.

Lee

Adventurer
No, you`re not. But it is what it is now.
I like the dark blue and silver parts. The green......eh....it's ok.
Anything to get rid or the old '70s light blue.

Still.....the whole thing needs a new exterior package. Paint, lights....the works.

Hmmm...I wonder....if I volunteer to spend a day cleaning the Mountain....will that get me a free ticket?

SirGoofy

I don't mind the dark blue and silver parts. The green......eh....it's ok.
Anything to get rid or the old '70 light blue.

Still.....the whole thing needs a new exterior package. Paint, lights....the works.

Hmmm...I wonder....if I volunteer to spend a day cleaning the Mountain....will that get me a free ticket?

Nope, your free day was cut from the budget.

EPCOT Explorer

I like the dark blue and silver parts. The green......eh....it's ok.
Anything to get rid or the old '70s light blue.

:lol:

I'd be over in EPCOT volunteering quite heavily on LaL.:lookaroun

Tom

Beta Return
I think he means routing Alpha through the old service corridor behind the switchback area. Why they didn`t use the backmost switchback line like Omega and then the corral as now I don`t know.

OH geez. That sounds...nice. We only saw Omega since we were using Fastpasses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom