Space Mountain closed for the remainder of the evening

drmj1228

apology

Wow. Calm down and use some punctuation, please.

What is "new" about the ride system? What is it "getting used to"? What went wrong Monday night that caused it to be down all night?

I do apologize for my fierceness it just gets me so upset when I hear disses on the ride when you have to understand how the company actually works...which that is even hard for me to understand so dont ask there...as of what happened monday I am not sure...just kno that it was down the remainder of the nite because I happened to hear something about it...other than that the ride system that we now have eliminates things called cascades where if someone takes to long can cause a backup...used to the backup would cause the mtn to go down no matter what and depending on how many trains were on track plus how long the line was, can in the length of the downtime...the new system takes care of that by giving us a certain amount of time to hold those trains in certain zones out on the actual ride itself now because of newly installed boosters in the zones and the fact that our lift hill can slow down and even stop and turn back on for us to give us the spacing we need to eliminate those cascades

As with what it is getting used to, any new computer will have issues on any ride it just has to get up to speed with all the commands going in and out of it....that why any ride that is new or gets a new updated computer system goes down alot within the first couple of months as things are tweaked and noticed to be changed in the software

Tom

Beta Return
I do apologize for my fierceness it just gets me so upset when I hear disses on the ride when you have to understand how the company actually works...which that is even hard for me to understand so dont ask there...as of what happened monday I am not sure...just kno that it was down the remainder of the nite because I happened to hear something about it...other than that the ride system that we now have eliminates things called cascades where if someone takes to long can cause a backup...used to the backup would cause the mtn to go down no matter what and depending on how many trains were on track plus how long the line was, can in the length of the downtime...the new system takes care of that by giving us a certain amount of time to hold those trains in certain zones out on the actual ride itself now because of newly installed boosters in the zones and the fact that our lift hill can slow down and even stop and turn back on for us to give us the spacing we need to eliminate those cascades

As with what it is getting used to, any new computer will have issues on any ride it just has to get up to speed with all the commands going in and out of it....that why any ride that is new or gets a new updated computer system goes down alot within the first couple of months as things are tweaked and noticed to be changed in the software

Interesting. I had no idea they actually implemented new ride control software and new boosters. It probably came up somewhere in the 50 SM threads and 8,000,000 posts, but I didn't get to them all :p

Thanks for the info. Hope they get the kinks worked out soon.

The sign happened to fall in on itself sometime last week...as of the the past cpl of days it is back in place :)

Now this one can be chalked up to faulty construction. Signs don't take time to adjust :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I had no idea they actually implemented new ride control software and new boosters. It probably came up somewhere in the 50 SM threads and 8,000,000 posts, but I didn't get to them all
It did indeed, and the additions are most welcome to both guest and CMs.

drmj; the malice shown on the boards isn`t to the new RCS and hardware. As I said, it is a welcome addition to the attraction and frankly something that should have been added decades ago. The problem is knowing what the refurb was originally going to entail, then watching things cut bit by bit. I know firsthand that the SM CMs spent most of 2008 and a lot of 2009 getting excited then having their hopes dashed as one by one things were dropped off the list. I think everyone agrees here the attraction from an asthetics, theming and operational standpoint is far better than a year ago. It`s just a shame that only a fraction of the (very real) original plans were implemented. Plans that would have elevated the Orlando Mountain above all others, instead of playing catch up.

Now, Airgates. What`s happened to the lighting?

Lee

Adventurer
It did indeed, and the additions are most welcome to both guest and CMs.

drmj; the malice shown on the boards isn`t to the new RCS and hardware. As I said, it is a welcome addition to the attraction and frankly something that should have been added decades ago. The problem is knowing what the refurb was originally going to entail, then watching things cut bit by bit. I know firsthand that the SM CMs spent most of 2008 and a lot of 2009 getting excited then having their hopes dashed as one by one things were dropped off the list. I think everyone agrees here the attraction from an asthetics, theming and operational standpoint is far better than a year ago. It`s just a shame that only a fraction of the (very real) original plans were implemented. Plans that would have elevated the Orlando Mountain above all others, instead of playing catch up.
Repeated for truth.
The RCS is the least of my complaints about the Mountain.

EPCOT Explorer

^ Heck, even easy stuff that they already had done (lighting) and stuff they should be doing. (Cleaning and painting.)

Where and why was THAT cut?

the-reason14

Rides break down all the time so I dont see how Space's breakdown equals fail. I guess every other ride in WDW is a fail too then by that logic. But ya, it needs to be ready and fully functional this time next week.

the-reason14

alrite i can take it no longer!!! all of yall out there continually bashing the new spacec mtn and all...IT IS NEW!!! the ride system is getting used to itself so of course it going to go down but it is getting there...second all of you bashing the refurb...your lucky you even got what you got...the only ideas there was to improve the ride system for us CM's to prevent a thing that causes the ride to go down most of the time which is called a "cascade" which is not actually caused by the ride its caused by a chain of events that the guests of the mountain cause when they are not getting off in time...you are all entitled to your opinion and so am i so there it was...just think about how it is making us CM's feel when we look at something that you are bashing that was even lucky that it happened...oh and btw it was down on monday nite for the entire nite...just to confirm that for you

Uhm no, I wasnt bashing space mt. Re-read. Space mt. is THE ride for me, and all I was saying that it needs to be up and running and in perfect working order next week.

the-reason14

Like many of us have stated....it ain't the breakdowns that make that refurb a fail.
It's pretty much everything else ride-related about it.

I dont see anything "failed" about it ride wise. I havent been on the refurbed ride yet, but there was nothing really wrong with it to begin with. And from what I seen in pics/vids, it has just gotten better!

Lee

Adventurer
I havent been on the refurbed ride yet, but there was nothing really wrong with it to begin with. And from what I seen in pics/vids, it has just gotten better!

Oh, I know you think there is/wasn't anythng wrong with it. That has been well established.:lol:
Honestly...if you liked it before, you'll like it now. It's almost exactly the same.:mad:

SirGoofy

Oh, I know you think there is/wasn't anythng wrong with it. That has been well established.:lol:
Honestly...if you liked it before, you'll like it now. It's almost exactly the same.:mad:

Yup, if you enjoyed the groin busting pain of Space Mountain before, you'll love the new darker groin busting pain!:lol:

the-reason14

Yup, if you enjoyed the groin busting pain of Space Mountain before, you'll love the new darker groin busting pain!:lol:

Space mt. didnt give me any pain. Now rockin coaster, thats a different story.

And thats great that its the same, they should keep a classic a classic. Smoothening it up a little wouldnt have hurt though.

EPCOT Explorer

Space mt. didnt give me any pain. Now rockin coaster, thats a different story.

And thats great that its the same, they should keep a classic a classic. Smoothening it up a little wouldnt have hurt though.

That's the thing, they could have easily kept the classic feel and spirit of the attraction while freshening it up...Just like they did with The HM. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom